Ratings for Dr. Alexander Hughes

Solved neck problem! (Many years of trouble, saw multiple physicians, different recommendations, finally went to HSS, problem cured)

flag | Submitted February 9, 2019

He worried more about stain on shirt silver spoon baby

flag | Submitted December 14, 2018

I would operate on myself before I let Hughes do anything. Silver spoon Dr.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2018

I am right now in the process of getting a third opinion for my surgery with Dr. Hughes this upcoming Tuesday. The staff Has been beyond helpful and caring. Mind you, I haven't walked into the hospital yet. They know I am a nervous wreck over my diagnosis. The office is doing all the leg work also for my insurance and told me not to worry about this and let them take care of all of the insurance . They are really nice. I read a few negative comments below, I personally haven't experienced anything but professionalism from everyone I spoke with. I always say, word of mouth is amazing but you also never know who could be writing false information to discredit an individual due to maybe the individual not following doctors orders or at times our bodies don't except a procedure. Once my initial consult with the actual doctor is over I will give my own honest opinion. But, I did get this doctor by word-of-mouth due to his successful surgery on a friend. (Not on a rated star review) They cal me back immediately, they have called and faxed to all my doctors here in NJ immediately when they say they are doing it. No issues with anything so far. Keeping a positive mindset

flag | Submitted May 3, 2018

Laminectomy and discectomy was performed by an excellent and caring clinician. I would highly recommend Dr Hughes to anyone

flag | Submitted March 11, 2018

This is the worst doctor I have ever dealt with. His staff is terrible and he is more concerned about the energy drink he has on the market than being a good doctor.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2017

Dr Hughes has given me my life back. After three years of constant sciatica and a failed microdiscectomy, another surgeon told me my nerve was permanently damaged and I would never be without pain. Given my age he wouldn't even attempt a spinal fusion. Dr Hughes disagreed, and given the extent of my pain I was able to schedule my surgery only 3 days after my initial consult. 3 months out I am almost entirely pain free. He is kind, caring, and professional. Worth the 2 week consult wait.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2017

I'm so grateful. Thank you Dr. Hughes and HSS!! I thought I would never be able to walk unlimited distances again-- now I'm even back to jogging.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

The best. Dr. Hughes gave me feeling back in my fiit and no more shooting pains down my leg and tush. No more hit needles. Post op has not been easy at all due to other medical issues. But I will go for PT only to HSS as,a eesult of my treatment.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

Great experience and outcome. It was with coming into the city. Hospital is top rate and Dr. Hughes changed my life. After several years of misdiagnosis I'm getting my life back.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Dr. Alexander Hughes's Credentials

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)