Dr. David L. Rubenstein

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. David L. Rubenstein

I was reluctant to proceed with rotator cuff surgery and delayed repairing the tear for far too long. Dr. Rubenstein put my concerns to rest, and the results speak for themselves. I’m back to normal with no residual problems.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2018

He was very helpful and answered all my questions and explained all my opinions. He gave me cortisone injection in my knee and it never hurt!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

Dr. Rubenstein is the Best in his field. Two Thumbs Up !!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

Rubenstein is the best of the best! Trust him 100%! He does great repair work. I have had 4 repair surgeries by him (Both shoulders, knee etc). I totally recommend him!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

Dr. Rubenstein helped me with my frozen shoulder and I am back with full mobility

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

Dr. Rubenstein has been treating me for an arthritic knee for the past two years. He explains all the pros and cons of the injection that he gives me, and even though it is painful, he is very gentle with draining my knee. His staff is the best! He is very honest and professional, plus he is a really good guy!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

Dr. Rubenstein has been my orthopedic physician for the past 6 years. He was recommended by the rehab Doc who said he was great and could help me. He has been both great and helpful to me. He is kind,efficient, prompt and highly skilled in his profession. I trust his judgement and highly recommend him. He has performed surgery on me twice and he is still constantly watching over me. His nurse, Jennifer is the greatest.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

He is the best in his field. I had difficulty walking prior to my surgery for a minuscule tear. I was up on my feet the next day after surgery and 5 weeks after surgery I was feeling almost back to normal. A year later now I can run and I do not have any pain. Office staff was great esp. Jennifer who made sure all my insurance papers were complete. This has been a great experience from beginning to end. I highly recommend Dr Rubensrein. My surgery was May 2017.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

DR Rubenstein was fantastic , I asked him to treat me like a first cousin , one that he liked , he was really very , very good because he understood my stress level prior to complicated left arm/shoulder removal of cyst and rotator cuff surgery . During , and after care was excellent . He will be my " favorite first cousin for life " I greatly appreciate his help and I would give him ten stars always . best regards Tom Heenan / Haverford Pa.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

Dr. Rubenstein is an outstanding doctor. He works with his patients to get them back to full strength in the least invasive way possible.

Dr. David L. Rubenstein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

David L. Rubenstein, MD, is a nationally-recognized sports medicine surgeon specializing in shoulder instability, rotator cuff repair and arthroscopic knee surgery. He is board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He is currently director of Sports Medicine at Lankenau Hospital, as well as the head team physician for the Philadelphia Soul Arena football team and Philadelphia Freedom professional tennis team. He also serves as the sports medicine physician for Haverford School, Shipley School and Friends Central School. His sports medicine career has included team coverage for all the major professional sports and he has been recognized as a “Top Doc” by Main Line Today. He sees patients with a wide-range of sports-related injuries with a focus on shoulder and knee injuries. He is currently conducting research studies looking at shoulder instability and frozen shoulder conditions.

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

• ACL injury