Ratings for Dr. Karen E. Mayer

Terrible experience----condescending doctor. Last visit.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

What a waste of my time ---Dr. Mayer --the reviews are true--she was so rude and unprofessional---awful experience. However, office staff was very courteous.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

I have seen Dr. Mayer for the past 18 years. I've never had a bad experience. She is down to earth and easy to talk with. She has taken care of all my medical needs in a professional manner. I have recommended her to others and will continue to do so.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

Thank you to those that have posted before myself. I wish I would have read the reviews prior to this experience. It would be helpful if she'd read these and let it be a learning curve but I can see from the dates that this isn't the case. Worst experience EVER!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

Terrible experience. Don't wait your time and money. She is the most unprofessional doctor I have ever seen. She is so rude --so rude. Don't invest your time, money or confidence in her as a physician.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

I have never received such disappointing care from any medical professional. Dr. Mayer was completely condescending and unbelievably rude. At the end of the first appointment I thought I was waiting for her to return to the room with discharge instructions. Instead she returned and told me that when she leaves the room I am free to leave in a very dismissive tone. Her manner was so inappropriate that I wasn't sure if she was joking just to see how I'd respond. Turns out she was not. She was just as rude, if not more, at my next visit. I simply left the practice altogether and found another doctor who seems to enjoy her profession and wants to help her patients.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

patronizing continually making me feel like a fool condescending I lost some weight...oh she touted you didn't lose that much it was 12 pounds... and k her remarks about my physical appearance was unprofessional...not a hygeine related issue but a genetic one

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

my wife and i have been under DR. MAYERS care for 7 years,and we love her, down to earth, you can ask questions, and she listens to your concerns,i feel she played a large roll in saving my wifes life when she was diagnosised with breast cancer. we will allways trust our medical needs to DR. KAREN MAYER. the DAPPS

flag | Submitted August 31, 2013

I went to Dr. Mayer and left after a couple of years. She was not necessarily rude to ME, but was rude to my wife as she is a patient as well. My biggest complaint was she did not listen to me either. She actually asked me once, "do you want a prescription for that?" I told her first I thought we should do a few tests/trials to actually determine the cause. I never went back

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

The PAs and NPs at this practice are much better, but there are a few times I have to see Dr. Mayer. On top of waiting, on average, 45 mins past my appointment time to see her, she will not listen to what I have to say. If I have a complaint, she tries to jump on what I'm saying and try to fix a problem that isn't even what I came in for. She has made several demeaning comments to me, and in general treats me like I don't know anything about my own body. I always leave feeling so uncomfortable.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2012

Dr. Karen E. Mayer's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)