Ratings for Dr. Erol R. Atamer

this "Doctor" did not properly diagnose my mother He should not be practicing any more He would not send her Medical Records to a hospital for no apparent reason. QUACK

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

My mother went to him for years. When she became sick and hospitalized, Atamer refused to send her records.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2014

This fellow is one to RUN FROM! Did not diagnose me correctly. He and his staff are rude and the place is filthy. His knowldege is from the ice age and he does not stay current with medical practices. He adds test after unnecessary test to ADD UP HIS Bottom line. He caused our family a great deal of heartache because mis-diagnosed me and treated me for something that I DID NOT EVEN COME CLOSE TO HAVING. I am happy that I got a second opinion and got far away from this LEACHEROUS UNPROFESSIONAL SHIESTER. I was cured with an office visit from my next doctor and Dr. Erol Atamer had me hospitalized and looking for a funeral home. Don't trust any of your family with this one. HE IS DANGEROUS and should be put out of business.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

My husband and I have been going to Dr. Atamer for almost 3 years now. We like him very much. Never had problems with the staff. Thanks again Dr. Atamer for taking care of my back!!

Submitted May 9, 2013

Stay away, and look elsewhere is my opinion, based only on my first hand experience. Here's why: The doctor has less than pleasant manner. A week later l get a bill for the "free" visit. I was charged for the visit that was supposed to be a free annual wellness exam! The doctor (Atamer) refused to correct the billing when I called the office. So I called BC/BS for help. Same result, Atamer's office told the BC/BS claim investigator that I was "telling a story" when I say the visit was a wellness exam! Whaaa? The doctor's office would not cooperate with BC/BS when BC/BS called the office. Atamer's office said "pay or you'll go to collections in 30 days". Really? BC/BS sent me a complaint form. Before BC/BS could even review the matter further, I was billed on my AMEX by Atamer's office! How? Well, it seems that no one gets in to see this doctor unless you first give them your credit card numbers, never mind if you have a valid insurance card in hand. Annoying!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2012

This was my first visit...he was thorough, helpful and took his time. Scheduled for an appropriate follow-up.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2010

Dr. Atamer's office staff was not friendly and did not return phone calls. Dr. Atamer did not take the time to fully explain my health problems. The Dr. did not appear to care about his patients and told me at one appointment he had to run " I am off for the afternoon to play golf." This is the same appointment that he told me I had diabetes and to go home and read up.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2006

Dr. Erol R. Atamer's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll Of Med, Syracuse Ny 13210 (Grad. 1981)

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union