Ratings for Tali Shokek

Dr. Tali has been my therapist for several years. The level of care she has provided is outstanding. I love joking with her that when I have an appointment scheduled, I tell people that I'm going to visit my friend or my good girlfriend. Dr. Tali has supported me through some tough times and with her I was definitely able to get through. Even with breaks in sessions coming back we're always able to work as if it wasn't any. Thank you Dr. Tali!!!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2019

She has helped me a lot and it has benefited me greatly. She is the best I have seen.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2019

Comfortable to talk to and very knowledgeable and trusting

flag | Submitted September 12, 2019

Dr. Shokek has helped me to see myself and my circumstance from a different perspective, and has helped me to accept myself.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2019

So me being a therapist, I know what therapy is an isn't supposed to be, but different therapists practice different modalities. Dr. Shokek has a personality and bluntness of her own that only meshes well with those who can take that. She is caring in her own way but definitely isn't a warm and fuzzy person, However, she is the type of therapist I needed. I was skeptical with all the reviews but needed to find someone fast, with a speciality with trauma and she was extremely close to my then living space and I took the risk. I am extremely glad I did! It is now going to be almost a year of working together and I have now moved 30 mins away but still make the effort to see her weekly. She was there for me on a weekend when I called for an emergency and offered phone session when she canceled due to snow. She is late a lot of the time but I know she is human as well. She is very open with her diagnosis so I take it all into consideration as well and it's great she offers evening/night sessions for those who work or go to school during the day. Not every therapist is perfect and hopefully for those who had a negative experience with her don't navigate away from therapy because of it. I rated the staff one star less because of the owner of the practice/office space who has the room next door to her..she is extremely rude. She always walks by without saying anything to me and when I say hello she doesn't respond back. Given she owns the office I think her professionalism is ridiculous. I also have an issue with one of the desk assistants but that is more of a building issue vs. practice issue.

Submitted September 6, 2019

The positive thing I can say is that she knew we were not a match. However, in talking about general things about sexuality, she was visibly horrified by openmindedness about sexuality. After our session she said that she felt she had shamed me and made me feel worse, which was true. Overall I would not recommend anyone to her because of this.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2019

She’s always late, she’s manipulative and will gaslight you if you try to call her out on her lies, she has no regard for HIPPA laws and will break confidentiality, I really don’t know how she even got her license to be a therapist... basically save yourself the trouble and find someone else.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2019

Dr. Shokek is caring and helpful, and she has helped me turn my life around.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2018

As someone who has been in therapy for many years, I was seeking a new therapist due to an abrupt loss in my life. First I left a message and she never called me back, and didn't have an out of office message. Then I emailed 4 days, and she called back. She didn't give any reason for not calling back. It was clear quickly that she had a need to assert how great a therapist she thought she was, better than others. She asked me questions that are meant for during a therapy session, probing a trauma that was raw. Nonetheless, feeling like I needed to get in to see someone since she had an opening 2 days later I set up an appt. An hour later with no explanation, she emailed to cancel it, offering me times later in the week. The whole thing was bizarre and unprofessional, including the holier-than-thou attitude she demonstrated - a know it all. I dodged a bullet!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2018

Knows a lot about eating disorders and trauma. Always willing to pick up the phone.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017