Ratings for Dr. Tali Shokek

As someone who has been in therapy for many years, I was seeking a new therapist due to an abrupt loss in my life. First I left a message and she never called me back, and didn't have an out of office message. Then I emailed 4 days, and she called back. She didn't give any reason for not calling back. It was clear quickly that she had a need to assert how great a therapist she thought she was, better than others. She asked me questions that are meant for during a therapy session, probing a trauma that was raw. Nonetheless, feeling like I needed to get in to see someone since she had an opening 2 days later I set up an appt. An hour later with no explanation, she emailed to cancel it, offering me times later in the week. The whole thing was bizarre and unprofessional, including the holier-than-thou attitude she demonstrated - a know it all. I dodged a bullet!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2018

Knows a lot about eating disorders and trauma. Always willing to pick up the phone.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

Dr. Shokek has helped me learn skills to manage my PTSD and anxiety.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

Horrible experience! I think I am traumatized more after seeing this person. Should have done my research. Asked me tons of questions about my previous therapist and then said she had to leave early. Never got to my issues.

Submitted April 25, 2017

Professional, caring and willing to go the extra mile for patients.

Submitted March 20, 2017

Dr. Shokek help me through some really difficult times. She is by far the most caring therapist I've had.

Submitted January 16, 2017

I wish I had looked into her back ground and reviews more closely. My family found her to be unprofessional and lacking in many areas of patient care. We are still working through the effects. Keep looking!!!!!!

Submitted January 10, 2017

Very unprofessional. Asked irrelevant questions. Seemed more interested in talking about herself and her side business. Always late. Almost impossible to find a parking space. Not very truthful.

Submitted September 12, 2016

I am so glad that I found Dr. Shokek. She has worked on helping me find my own strength.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

Everyone is late now and again but Dr Shokek is the best therapist anyone could have!! Now that I've changed therapists I realized what I'm missing out on. I know I can always call her and she will answer.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016