Ratings for Dr. Richard L. Drake

Perhaps he was having a bad day, because he entered the room irritated. Argued with nurse over my MRI in front of me.He made me feel as if i was an inconvenience. He was running late and had a Medical Student shadowing him So perhaps this could explain his rude and unprofessional deminure. He was rude to his nurse. Ordered xrays even tho i had MRI of the brain, cervical spine and lumbar. I felt the xrays were unnecessary and done to bill my insurance. The way he treated his staff greatly influenced my decision. I chose to find someone else. Don't waste your time with him.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

Great surgeon, fixed my back when my first surgery failed.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

His bedside manner was awful. He rushed in without explaining anything to me. He told me I need to consider disability. That upset me and I started to cry. As soon as I started to cry he got up and left the room without saying a word.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2014

Dr Drake seems very caring and has a good bedside manner. I injured my low back and now have a herniated disc. He explained my problem and took time to go over my mri pictures with me. He was very knowledgeable and is going to try and treat me without surgery. Although I have not had surgery with him, a friend of mine has and is doing very well. I would not hesitate to recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2012

Dr.Drake was great to begin with then transferred to another facility. No calls, felt like I was bothering them, even got a call from nurse annoyed with me!!!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2012

Dr Drake is kind, polite, concerned and has a good bedside manner. And I would not hesitate to recommend him. But his nurse/assistant is not nearly so good. She is always hurried, confused, and doesn't respond in a timely manner. I always feel as if I am imposing on her time. Her main excuse is that things have been crazy around the office. Perhaps she is like so many, too much to do, too little time. I don't know. Maybe I am being too hard on her. Just want to give a heads up of what to expect. Don't wait days for a return call, call her back yourself. Dr Drake is agreeable and helpful. He has even suggested that I might need a second opinion. I did not give him a lower rating on Knowledge even though he cannot figure out what is causing my pain. I believe that I have a very unusual case and it might take a neurologist rather than an Orthopedic Surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2012

Dr. Richard L. Drake's Credentials

• Oklahoma College Of Osteopathic Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 2002)