Ratings for Dr. William S. Tiede

Dr. Tiede told me my symptoms were not caused by any physical disease before doing one blood or urine test. After doing these tests, serum sodium and urine osmolality, he ignored the results and continued to tell me my symptoms were in my head. Over the past ten years I have had many doctors, from national experts to his colleagues look at his work and apologize for him.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2010

My husband was a patient of Dr. Tiede for over 10 years. In approximately April,2005 my husband began to have a cough. He had been a smoker for over 30 years, which was documented in his medical records. Dr.Tiede treated him for allergies until October, 2005, when he was diagnosed with Stage IV lung cancer. by then, the cancer had spread to his bones. My husband passed away September 27, 2008. He was 62 years old. A person who has a history of smoking and comes in complaining of a constant, persistant cough, should have been given a ct scan instead of being treated for allergies for 6 months. By the time William Tiede decided to have Bob get a ct scan, it was too late. Dr. Tiede also did not tell Bob the results of the ct scan. He just called and told us he was recommending a pulmonologist. The pulmonologist is the one who told Bob he had a tumor. We were in shock. Dr. Tiede later told me the experience was humbling. I would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2009

Very knowledgeable and very caring.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2006

Dr. William S. Tiede's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1986)