Ratings for Dr. Gregory S. Rihacek

I was referred to Dr Rihacek by my PCP for consultation . I'm very satisfied with the care I have received by Dr Rihacek, however his stuff needs to improve by a lot . I've had two visits so far, and both were incomplete because of the staff messiness, my lab results weren't available during my office visit because they were misslplaced and my follow up visit with my PCP was a total waste of time, because my consult report was not submitted . On both ocation I took a day off from work, plus wasted money on office visits payment ( have very high deductible ). Over all I'm disappointed .

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

THE OFFICE refused to refill my script of enbrel and refused to see me by nothing i did. They fought with my wife and cut me off also. But the never informed me that i was cut off. I have a fatal decease AS the enbrel is needed so i can walk. I need a injection every week. I live in pain every day. I needed to find another doctor to fill my medication. I will not have my medication in time and will have to go through crippling pain until it comes. This should not happen to a person with my infliction. The office shows no compassion to it's patients. The office staff has always been nasty and rude. I liked the doctor but his staff needs to be replaced with people that care about the patients. Please avoid going to this office until the staff is replaced and the polices have changed.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

When I first saw the Doctor about 2 1/2 year ago I was impressed with how thorough he was in testing me and guiding me to another specialist in another field for a serious issue caused by my autoimmune disease. Fast forward 2 1/2 years and my pulmonary doctor calls him to see what the results of my blood tests are since he never gave me a diagnosis when I was in his office, He proceeds to lie to my pulmonary doctor and tells her he told me I have Lupus (like I would not have remembered this). I then confront him at my next appointment with him and be totally backs off the Lupus diagnosis and say "well it's some type of interconnective tissues disease" well then it's not Lupus. I was outraged that he would lie to my lung doctor and to me, His staff is rude and crude and he allows this behavior and I have witnessed the office staff be particularly rude to a patient who was asking necessary questions regarding her blood testing. After this appointment I decided to change doctors immediately and called the office and requested my files,, they said I would have to come in to the office and pay $1.00 per page and that I could have the files, I went into the office they counted the papers in my file charged $30 dollars on credit card and then refused to give me the paperwork and said it would be faxed over to the new doctor. When I went to my new rheumatologist's office I asked the if they received the files all they received were 3 handwritten pages from Dr. Rihacek The nurse at the new office showed me exactly what was received and I told her I paid $30 for them to fax over all the paperwork She said that when you pay for your files they are to be given directly to you. Doctor's office don't change to fax over paperwork. Dr. Rihackek's office basically ripped me off for $30.00 and when I called said that this is the doctors policy. There is no policy posted in their office nor was I given any written material indicating that I have to pay $1.00 a page and not receive my files when paid. This is unbelievable and it's not over I will contact whoever I need to to bring this to light The staff here is beyond rude they accused me of threatening them when I said I would pursue this matter with any agency that will look into their practices, It is unfortunate that Dr. Rihacek can't control his staff.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Great Doctor that takes the time to thoroughly review patient history and examine patients. The staff was friendly as well. We live in the Princeton area and a lot of the rheumatology offices in the area seemed impersonal. Dr. Rihacek is the doctor every doctor should be. He seems very knowledgable and is understanding- pretty rare in docs these days.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

Dr. Rihacek is a wonderful caring doctor who takes the time to listen.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

Dr Rihacek is a cool, calm professional doctor whom I have no hesitation recommending. However, like with most doctors, there is normally a fairly lengthy wait at the office and appointments are hard to get at the beginning and end of the day.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2010

His staff needs an attitude adjustment. Dr advises patient that if they have a problem to call and advise him. To speak to him. His staff does not seem to want to know, learn or understand patient's illness has to be managed by this type of specialist and these patients have been told by doctor to contact him not another doctor. Perhaps there should be meeting of all staff and doctor.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2010

Very impressed with this doctor. He spent plenty of time with me and explained everything to me. Checked with me to be sure all my questions were answered. Not a long wait to get an appointment. Definitely got the impression he cares.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2009

I was a patient of Dr. Rihacek for a long time. For the past few years I had the feeling that I was being seen only for the money he could bill. Dr. Rihacek would never spend more than a few minutes with me. It left me with a very hollow feeling. Upon occasion his staff could be quite rude. I am so glad I left that practice.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Rihacek is a true gentleman. He's very much the type of doctor I remember who made house calls in the 1950s. The man is not only very well-educated, but you feel safe once you are in his care. When every specialist in Middlesex, Mercer and Somerset counties had given up on finding out what was wrong with me after being sick with so many combinations of so many diseases, sending me for every diagnostic test two and three times...(sometimes I think I glow in the dark)! And after 2 or 3 visits, Dr. Rihacek diagnosed me without a doubt that I had an autoimmune (rare) disease. Do you know how wonderful it felt to know I had a real disease?? Truly, I was on the brink of a nervous breakdown until the Doc came into my life. So, maybe there is no cure for it currently, and sure there are days I just am not motivated to do anything, but then I think of where I was for over 2 years. And realized modern medicine was simply a rotten industry. There are no others the likes of Dr. Rihacek.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2009

Dr. Gregory S. Rihacek's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (Grad. 1982)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Somerset, NJ