Ratings for Dr. Frederick J. Snoy

I had been warned that Dr. Snoy can be impersonal, but I chose him for his expertise and experience. Once we got to know each other, I saw how caring and sensitive he is He saved my life more than once, and I am forever grateful to him.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2016

First of all the corrective surgery Dr. Snoy performed on me was a complete success. The first doctor I went to see told me that I’d have to have my non-functioning kidney completely removed. Thanks to Dr Snoy my once blocked kidney is now functioning beyond expectations. When I first conferred with Dr. Snoy he stated that he didn’t relish taking other doctors’ patients away from them. This outwardly ethical approach gave me a favorable impression. After careful and quiet examination of my previous test results he stated that the blocked kidney had a decent chance of being brought back to at least a 15% level of function. He proposed doing a dismembered pyleoplasty to clear a UPJ obstruction in addition to unblocking that kidney’s ureter. For the previous 12 months I had been experiencing what seemed like severe kidney stone attacks, 24 hours of excruciating pain and vomiting. The duration between episodes was becoming shorter. The first doctor relayed his dismal prognosis via a phone call from an impatient nurse and was not to be available for further explanation for at least two weeks. Dr. Snoy impressed me as being an objective, thoughtful and meticulous practitioner. He answered questions only after careful study of test results. He is not one for banter or overt emotional gestures. He attempts to analyze the facts rather than conjecture or lecture and is composed yet not scripted. He becomes more personable in time, a trait of truly genuine individuals. He carefully prepared me for my several hour long operation and several day post operative hospital stay. He impressed upon me the need to become active and exercise my lungpower so as to affect a quick recovery. Dr. Snoy visited me every day of my hospital stay. My full recovery took eight weeks. After my final and most definitive kidney test Dr. Snow explained results that revealed my repaired kidney was now handling 58% of my total kidney functioning and my other, completely healthy kidney was taking on 41% of the flow. The operation was a success beyond my highest hopes. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr. Snoy and his staff. Doctors are often accused of thinking themselves to be gods. Dr. Snoy is too scientific and objective for that. I must say however that he impresses me as being a consummate master of his medical specialty. My husband who has worked in a scientific research environment with both Ivy leaguers and State University types says that Dr. Snoy has the earmarks of being an objective, inquiring and competent practitioner.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

I have survived prostate cancer due to Dr. Snoys care and expertice. I couldnt be happier with his experience in his office and his expertice on the opperating table. And I can't say enough about his profesioal, kind abd curtious staff. They all made me feel so very comfortable and at home.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

Very professional and I never felt uncomfortable. Answered all questions and office staff was the best!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

This doctor has ZERO personnality. He always seems rushed and impatient. I went to a different doc and I'm much happier.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2010

Very cross and impatient. Lied about my PSA results being out of range (when the results were within range) and frightened me into thinking I might have prostate cancer. Compromised Dr./patient confidentiality by shouting about my condition in front of waiting room full of other patients. Staff also rude and unprofessional. Receptionist eating lunch at her desk and anoyed that my appointed arrival at the office durning her lunch hour.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2010

very rude.should be called dr.snob.never solved my problem(groin area).he just trivialised it.thought it was psychological.found out from my primary doctor it was strain...do no recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2007

Very much impressed with Dr. Snoy

flag | Submitted August 31, 2006

Dr. Frederick J. Snoy's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

MSP/BC Med