Ratings for Dr. Jonathan ROTH

We have been seeing Dr. Roth for over two years now. Our experience with him has been nothing but positive. I think people need to realize that if your child needs counseling, he/she should see a licensed counselor. If your child needs some specialized testing, he/she should see someone who only does that particular testing. He is meant to be an overall guide and manager of your child's treatment, not to provide every single service. As for his "training", he has more education, experience and focus than most general pediatricians who treat ear infections, etc all day and over prescribe meds because they don't have time to deal with screenings, referrals, etc. He has always personally returned my calls and prescribes other things besides just meds such as counseling, nutritional supplements, exercise, etc. Our son now makes straight A's, has many friends, and no longer gets in trouble at school. But the parents have to be willing to do the work also. It's not his job to do everything. I'm not saying he's perfect, but he does well in our experience and that of other friends and family that have used him also.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

We have been seeing Dr. Roth for 3 years. He has helped my child tremendously! At my request, he was seeing my son every 2 weeks due to behavioral/anger issues. He seemed surprised that I wanted my kid to get counseling. He said most parents just want the meds. He then decided to only see him every 6 wks after about 6 months of every 2 wks. My kid needs the counseling, but Dr. Roth would rather talk to me about what's going on with my son then counsel him. I have stuck with him because he listens and never rushes. My ex is bipolar. Due to court order, he went to a meeting with Dr. Roth. After the appt, Dr. Roth voiced to me that he was scared of my ex and feared what he might do. I asked him to write a letter for court. He wrote the most vague crap that said nothing that he told me. Now my ex doesn't want to give my son his meds when he's with him. Dr. Roth said it will cause withdrawal if he misses, BUT bc he doesn't want to upset my ex, I should just double up when he comes home!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

Yes, I have also heard that Dr. Roth did not finish up his study at the OU Child Study Center but that was for personal reasons not because he lacks education. He never makes me or my two boys feel rushed. However, I disagree with how he chooses to prescribe medication. He is very big on ADHD medications while I prefer other things. But so far he has been willing to work with me. I guess some folks just have bad experiences and others good. We were able to get into his office quicker than anyone else in the metro area. Also, we did not receive an evaluation from Dr. Roth, only medication management.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2013

This doctor was a waste of my time and money. He did some paper tests and then sent my child somewhere else. Basically he just wanted the intake money. It was 300.00 that my insurance paid but was wasted because the amount I can spend for visits is limited to 20 visits a year.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2012

Dr. Roth has been nothing but a wonderful doctor to my son. He has been doing cognitive behavioral therapy as well as treating him for Inattentive ADHD. My son who always had zeros on his grade reports has not had a zero in two months since starting treatment. He is more social at school and we have not gotten any problem emails from his teachers. Dr. Roth spends between 45-90 minutes at his weekly visits and we never feel rushed to hurry and get out of his office. My son had a bad reaction to the first medication prescribed to him and when we called Dr. Roth on a Saturday night, he returned our call Sunday morning to advise us of what we needed to do and was more than happy to try something else. We give Dr. Roth a great recommendation as he has done nothing but help our family out. He sincerely cares for his patients and really takes the time to figure out what is going on. We have graduated to once a month visits and my son is doing wonderfully thanks to Dr. Jonathan Roth.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2011

Wow!! Where do I start? Dr Roth was able to get me in so quick. I should have questioned that but I was desperate. He spent about an hour with my child and decided to prescribe some very strong medication for my son. He told me that 90% of his patients are on this medicine. When I found out that my son could not take this medicine he told me he would not be able to help my son. He would not do any other therapy with him. It kinda made me wonder if he is getting some extra money from the pharmaceutical company. He treated me very rudely and did not like it when I asked questions about important stuff regarding my sons treatment. I am never going to see him again.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2011

Let me tell you a little about Dr. Roth. When deciding to focus on children with developmental aND behavioral issue Dr. Roth came to the Child Study Center where he completed (18) months of a (24) month fellowship. Being asked to complete the (2ND) year again, Dr. Roth turned in his notice. Reading the specialties page is full of goodies. When parents are looking to help their child, they will seek out reputable services. Most at this date take about 6-10 months to get an appointment. With Dr. Roth's "all you can swallow" autism eval, you get in aND out with change back. Not to mention that starting tomorrow you can schedule to be a part of his PCIT program that he has never trained for. Now parents....I have saved the best for last. As stated in his Learning disabilities section, Dr. Roth also has a teaching degree. He will personally develop you an IEP for your school. Be careful aND don't let just any Tom, Richard or Jon Roth decide your child's fate.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2011