Ratings for Dr. William H. Montano

I took my daughter to see Dr. Montano for what we thought was a surgical problem. He told us that surgery was not necessary and time would take care of her problem. He was right, he does not do unnecessary surgery, and I am grateful for that. He is a true cowboy, boots and all.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

This Dr. may not have looked professional, I thought that was the best part of him, he was a real person, his staff was amazing. I was in the E.R. on a Wednsday for gallstones, left E.R. called the DR. he saw me on Thursday , ultrsound on Friday, was in surgery on Monday. He was the only one that got me in quickly. I would with out a debt see this doctor again, and recommend him also.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011

He misdiagnosed the problem and utterly botched what should have been a fairly straightforward operation. Had to go to Seattle to have it dealt with properly. Unprofessional behavior, atrocious bedside manner.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2011

Poor Anesthesia - felt everything. Told him, still no relief. Not ever going to use him again. His insisting on using local anesthesia is pointless. Local anesthesia doesn't work for appendectomies, hernia repairs or other such surgeries. It definitely didn't work for me.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2010

This dr. removed one of my aunts breasts suspecting breast cancer, he did the tests afterwards and discovered she did not have cancer in the breast.You cant put on a breast you removed, oh you can, but it would be better if you do the tests first before you perform a drastic procedure like this. Is this a major mistake or what, she did nothing about it, but this kind of doctoring scares the heck out of me!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2006

He did an excellent surgery. He needs to work on his bedside manner. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2006

Dr. William H. Montano's Credentials

• Albany Med Coll, Albany Ny 12208 (Grad. 1969)

Workers Comp