Ratings for Dr. Lisa S. Usdan

I've been a patient of Dr.Usdan for a year, I have hypothyroidism. She doesn't seem to want to listen to me, when I've been complaining of the same symptoms for a year now. She refuses to check my T3 levels, and also refuses to prescribe any sort of NDT (armour, nature-throid, etc.), although the levo and name brand synthroid seem to do nothing except make my "levels" in the normal range. She seems to only be concerned with my numbers, not how I actually feel. Very textbookish... No two thyroid patients are the same, so why treat them the same way? What works for one doesn't necessarily work for the other, yet she refuses to see that. I cry after every appointment because I'm worried I'll never get back to feeling like myself again, yet I keep going back because I'm afraid the next doc I change to will be the same way.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

I saw Dr. Usdan a couple of times before she told me I needed thyroid surgery. She wrote in her notes that I seemed agitated by that. I just had a major brain tumor surgery 4 months before that. Who wouldn't be agitated and upset. No bedside manners. Very abrupt. I had the surgery, went for my 6 weeks check up and she was gone from the Baptist group and no one in that group would take me as a patient. When notes given to my current doctor, there were things I never said in them.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2013

Dr. Usdan is no longer at the Endocrinology Group at Baptist, but I wish she would come back. Dr. Usdan also became my Dr. after Dr. Spencer retired. As I read the comments, I thought "this can't be the same dr. that I know." Yeah, she fussed a little when my a1C was too high, but every dr. I've had fussed. As far as knowledge goes, textbook or not, it didn't appear as " out with the old,in with the new". If the old didn't work, she tried something new (as does every profession). I think she is a wonderful dr.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2013

Usdan simply not a strong doctor. Rude, poor "bedside manner," textbookish and presented a constant need to put me (and likely other patients) in our place. You mean diabetes can cause long term health problems??? Really??? Sacks was one of the best, and Usdan took some of his patients who likely wanted to keep the same office. Big mistake. It was also as if she never read any of the years of reports Sacks had on file for me. Every question or comment from me- met without compassion but with some snide comment- example- I have been having some trouble lately as my work schedule has been varied- response was well lots of people are busy. I guess Endo Assciates needed a doctor- but this non FACE young lame defensive one was not the way to go. I was seeing the doctor- and was told maybe someone else can help with this or that- Er- this is why I came back to the doctor- for you to help me (I do help myself with diabetes- religiously). I fired the clinic (then they "let me go.")

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011

She became quite annoyed when I asked questions about my condition (cancer) and noted that she was 'really busy' as we talked. As it turns out, some of the information she provided me was incorrect.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2011

Getting any help from this [ractice proved almost impossible. Avoid this group at all costs.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

I called to make a return appointment and was told I was fired by this MD. I asked what this meant and they said I had owed the medical group 140 for several months(7 months) I tried to explain that I had been busy with illness in my family and had moved. The office manager was such a jerk when I tried to explain. I told her I had a flexible spending account, had the money that day and I was told I had to pay it to a collection agency. Previously I was seen by a wonderful Dr. Judy Spencer that retired and that is how I ended up with USDAN. I had been seen by the Endocrine group since 1980. Anyhow USDAN sucks and I just can't imagine what I would do if she refused to see an elderly patient. It was hard enough for me to figure out what happened. Anyhow avoid this USDAN MD as she has no compassion for someone making a mistake. What an inhumane ****.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2011

Dr. Lisa S. Usdan's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)

Fidelis Care