Ratings for Dr. Raymond R. Walkup

Dr. Walkup is very knowledgeable and made me feel comfortable. His nurse, Tracey, was amazing. She spent so much time with me and made sure all my questions were answered.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

I visited this doctor today on a referral from my Dr. was seen by a MA and the doctor didn't examine me at all. He did nothing. Told me basically there was nothing wrong and baffled by my pain since the MRI was clear making me feel stupid. I asked him why I was in pain and he stared at me like I was delusional. It took me over a month to get an appt for nothing!! I have never felt so embarrassed. I wasted my time my money for his 2 minute opinion of nothing. He sent me away with a good luck. I was an extremely active person. A runner and a dancer. After I hurt my back I could not participate in my leisure activities without being in pain. To have that not taken seriously after waiting over a month to see him was a slap in the face. I don't care what the MRI says. I know pain. I also know my insurance says they paid the Doctor not the assistant. Doctor walkup literally walked up and sent me away. I have a orthopedic doctor that he was going to update regarding a cyst but he lacked empathy and was very cold. I would never see this doctor again and would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

He has great bedside manners and is very helpful. He really cares about patients. He did my ACDF c4-c6 on Jan 20, 2012. He did an excellent job and I believe I am recovery very well.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2012

Dr. Raymond R. Walkup's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 2004)

• BCBS Massachusetts