Ratings for Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman

I could not be more happy with my eye care by Dr. Hubschman. The great skill of himself and his staff are matched by his concern and care for me as a patient. As part of my problem I needed the attention of a cornea specialist that henensured that I received. I cannot ask for more of both his skill and dedication to his patients and am greatly relieved to have him caring for my eyes.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2019

He's handled two of my eye surgeries and I now see better than before. Thanks so much!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2019

Dr. Hubschman is a very skilled surgeon. Two months ago Dr. Hubschman performed surgery to repair a macular hole in my right eye. The macular hole caused distorted vision (which was scary). Surgery went very well with no complications. Thank you doctor ;-)

flag | Submitted October 30, 2018

Dr. Hubschman is amazing! He operated on a family member with a macular hope. Results are amazing. He is the best in the field. I highly recommend him for any retinal disease and that is coming from a person who is with extensive experience in the medical field. Amazing bedside manners and person to person interactions. He is the one to go to. No other comparable. Thank you for your expert help!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2018

Dr. Hubschman is a remarkable and caring eye surgeon. I was diagnosed with macular pucker with a severe epiretinal membrane in my left eye. He performed a vitreoretinal surgery and removed the membrane. My eye healed up without any complications after this delicate surgery. Dr. Hubshman is an outstanding surgeon and I am very grateful to him,

flag | Submitted September 21, 2018

I credit Dr Hubschman with saving my sight. That says it all.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2018

On the recommendation of a well-informed friend who said ‘for retina surgery, Dr. Hubschman’s is The Best’, my husband and I sought a consultation with Dr. J. P. Hubschman at Jules Stein Eye Institute, UCLA. Dr. Hubschman is intensely focused, brisk yet gracious. After analyzing my OCT scan, Dr. H confirmed the diagnosis that I had a macular pucker, and needed to undergo a double membrane peel. With substantial anxiety, I presented him with a typed list of questions and concerns. To my relief, he was patient and kind. He addressed each issue attentively, respectfully. He explained as to why the vision in this eye will never be as good as new. We felt no hint of arrogance nor condescension. Dr. Hubschman projects incisiveness and confidence. Immediately, my husband and I felt that he was the right surgeon to correct my rapidly deteriorating vision. It is now 5 months post-surgery, my best corrected vision (BCA) has improved from 20/70 to 20/30! During my most recent checkup, Dr. Hubschman was pleased with my progress. I can once again read fine print with this eye. In our experience, only the most talented and skilled comes up with the most elegant solution, makes the execution appear easy, and delivers outstanding result without complications. Dr. Hubschman leads an excellent team. During post-op check-ups, a Fellow first examines my eye. Then Dr. Hubschman comes in and thoroughly examines the eye himself, (and at my request), compares my OCT scans to explain the specifics of my progress. Over these visits, we have recognized that Dr. H holds his patient’s wellbeing at heart. My healing is being carefully monitored: 1 day post-op, 1 week post-op, 1 month post-op, 3 months post-op, next visit in 6 months. Also, we observed how deeply these young doctors like and revere Dr. Hubschman and his ‘extraordinary’ skills, and how proud they are to be on his team. They are accessible and responsive. During the critical weeks of recovery after surgery, his Fellows returned my calls and thoughtfully answered my questions. A leader sets the tone. The front desk personal, the technical staff who perform the preliminary prep, take retinal scans etc....are always patient and gracious. Plan your visit to take at least 2-1/2 hours. After getting screened, eyes dilated by a technical staff, expect a wait in the waiting room, followed by another wait in the exam room for Dr. Hubschman. My husband and I’d travel much farther and wait much longer to be under the care of this preeminent surgeon. Our travel time and wait time are trivial compared to the monumental benefits of having my vision, and therefore, my confidence and quality of life restored. We feel blessed that this internationally recognized retina surgeon and scientist is applying his precious skills and knowledge to heal patients, to teach, and to research at Jules Stein, a leading eye institute in the world. Dr. Hubschman, we are Very Happy. Thank You!!!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2018

A great world class doctor. Had wonderful results from all procedures.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

I am so happy I went to UCLA Medical Center. Dr. Hubschman is great. He saved my vision.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

I can only echo what others have written about the quality of care provided by Dr. Hubschman for my macular pucker surgery performed in February, 2017. I started seeing Dr. Hubschman based on a recommendation for a second opinion from my primary retinal specialist. I was so impressed by Dr. Hubschman based on his analysis and discussion of my case that I decided to ask him to do the surgery instead of my local retinal specialist. It meant a bit of a drive, but I decided that it was worth it. Dr. Hubschman recommended that I delay any surgical treatment to see whether the pucker progressed. When I first saw Dr. Hubschman, my vision in the affected eye was around 20/30. As the months progressed, my vision worsened to 20/50. At that point, Dr. Hubschman recommended surgery. I arrived at the Wasserman bldg. on the morning of the surgery somewhat apprehensive, but I immediately felt comforted by the absolute professionalism and caring treatment provided by the Wasserman (Jules Stein) staff. The surgery itself was painless, and I awoke with a patch over the eye. Dr. Hubschman had prepared me ahead of time, so I knew what was coming in terms of after care at the Dr.'s office and at home. Results were beyond expectation. Even though Dr. Hubschman mentioned, prior to the surgery, that I could expect to only recover part of the vision loss, after five weeks, now, my vision is just about 20/20 again! There is still a bit of distortion, but Dr. Hubschman is very pleased as am I, and the full effect of the surgery normally takes from three to six months. I cannot say enough about the whole experience, and I would wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Hubschman to anyone needing retinal surgery!!!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2017