Dr. Cary L. Dicken

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Cary L. Dicken

My first experience with infertility treatment was with Dr.Dicken and it was a success, after 3 IUI procedures we were able to conceive a healthy baby girl who is over a month old now. Is easy to lose hope after numerous tries and being diagnosed with unexplained infertility can be pretty frustrating but I was reassured that my chances of conception were high and we just had to keep on trying. I think every person needs to find their perfect doctor, a personality match and Dr.Dicken was exactly that for me. I was pleased with the whole practice, from receptionist to my nurse - every interaction was light and happy, they knew my name after a couple of visits and always treated me well. They made me feel comfortable and at ease. Dr.Dicken always made sure to spend time explaining every procedure, drug side effect and treatment option, she was never in a rush or dismissed any of my concerns. When I had issues with insurance in regards to coverage of fertility meds, the staff worked with both pharmacy and insurance rep to make sure I get the drugs covered and delivered on time. If I have trouble conceiving my second child I will undoubtfully go back to Sher Fertility to seek help again.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2018

Dr. Dicken is a great doctor with phenomenal bedside manner. Extremely responsive and understanding. Kept hope even when I was losing hope. But remained realistic. Especially with my advanced age (43yr). She works with you and was open to suggestions. Dr. Dicken treats you like a individual.. not just as a patient or a file like I was treated at the previous clinic. I now have a handsome 3 month old with the help and expertise of Dr. Dicken and her staff!

flag | Submitted September 10, 2018

Dr Dicken is a godsend. She is patient, knowledgeable and devised a personalized plan that worked for me. I now have a 2 month old and am so grateful to her for her help.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2018

Dr. Dicken and her staff are wonderful. They're prompt with everything: appointments, replying to emails/calls, ordering meds. You will never see a tech, as Dr. Dicken does all the monitoring aptmts herself, which is great if you have questions about anything she can answer on the spot. Dr. Dicken will tailor your treatment to your case specifically, and is not afraid to think out of the box and try things within scientific reason that other clinics may not be willing to do. Without her, our family would not be complete. Infertility is a stressful (physically, financially, psychologically) journey, but having Dr. Dicken makes it a much more bearable process. We are forever grateful to her!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

Dr. Dicken made me feel like I was her only patient. She was attentive, accessible (via email, phone and in person) and incredibly compassionate with a strong command for the technical aspects of her practice. After 2 unsuccessful IVF cycles with another provider, I found Dr.Dicken who ran a battery of tests that my previous doctor overlooked. The tests Dr. Dicken ran identified a condition I had that she was able to treat with steroids and intralipids. Within one year of meeting Dr. Dicken I now hold my newborn son who was conceived with the first and only IVF cycle I did with Dr. Dicken. In addition to Dr. Dicken’s skill sets, her team of nurses - Jackie, Annie, Voula - were exceptional. If my sister or best friend struggled with infertility, I’d recommend they see Dr. Dicken.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

At first I though Dr. Dicken is the right doctor for me: soft spoken, nice, compassionate, caring, but I soon understood that she is just another doctor who is simply following protocols and really has no clue. Maybe my case was too challenging for her, but I do have normal hormone levels for my age, and I was only 35 then. I am happy to finally have found a doctor who made it happen .

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

As I write this note, my two week old baby is peacefully sleeping next to me. After a spontaneous twin pregnancy that ended in a devastating late miscarriage, and after trying for nearly one year to get pregnant again, we were faced with the reality that we needed some help. I asked friends and acquaintances for recommendations, and even met with someone else at NYU and made appointments at 2 other clinics. However, the moment I met Dr Dicken I knew she was the one I wanted to help me in our infertility journey. Dr Dicken is very professional and knowledgeable - we always felt in good, smart hands. I also appreciated a lot her is her bedside manner - she is nice, she makes an effort to make pleasant small talk, and she answers all your emails within less than 24 hours (usually within 1 or 2 hours) - this is priceless - in most places, you need to reach a nurse, who then will leave a note to your Doctor, who then will answer your question via another nurse. Having direct access to your Doctor is a game changer. The practice is great as well - it is not "factory style" as in other centers in New York. Some people don't mind that, but I was so emotionally fragile that I truly appreciated seeing the same faces every time I went. Dr Dicken has the best team - her head nurse, Jackie, is one of the most compassionate nurses I ever met. Annie, her other nurse, does a very good job ordering medication and being efficient. And Vula, who is in charge of pre-op, is professional and reassuring. Last, I never felt pressured to do anything, on the contrary - Dr Dicken would always explain our different options, and make a recommendation if we would ask her opinion. All in all, I had an amazing experience and outcome. Thank you Dr Dicken and team

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr. Dicken is in a league of her own. Her attitude and knowledge made for an excellent IVF experience. My wife and I were not only blessed with a positive outcome, but also felt totally cared for along the way. After quite a bit of fertility research, we had an initial meeting with Dr. Dicken to discuss our options. We quickly knew she was the best doctor and Sher the right practice to help us expand our family. The IVF process can seem quite overwhelming. Dr. Dicken and the wonderful staff at Sher made sure we had all appointments, calendars, RX’s, and most importantly knowledge along the way. The office is run like a well-oiled machine- rarely a wait, efficient and caring nurses, insurance know-how, and all services onsite. Another couple friend worked with Dr. Dicken/Sher as well; they had the same excellent results and glowing feedback. We enthusiastically recommend Dr. Dicken and Sher to anyone in need of their expertise.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

My husband and I switched to Dr. Dicken from another fertility office that frustrated us. As far as we are concerned, Dr. Dicken hung the moon. Some of the best things about her: 1) She emails (seriously, WHAT doctor emails?!?) and always wrote back to my questions promptly - very comforting when struggling with infertility. If I wrote to her about negative symptoms, she'd even take the extra step and follow up a few days later to check on me. 2) She was educational, taking time to answer all my questions and teach us about the IUI and then IVF processes we embarked on. I felt confident that she knew what she was talking about and was up to date with the latest in her field. 3) She was kind: her bedside manner was gentle, understanding, and hopeful. I appreciated that she remembered me and things about my situation. 4) I was always seen on time and never felt rushed by her. And of course, the best thing of all: I got pregnant! Obviously, everyone's situation is different, but getting pregnant on my first IVF try makes me believe in her skills as a doctor even more. I highly recommend Dr. Dicken: she's a great doctor and a great human being.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

I was very nervous initially about this entire process, but I must say that Dr. Dicken is one of the most intelligent, knowledgeable, and compassionate physicians I've ever met. She made my spouse and I feel at ease from the beginning and during every appointment thereafter. She is very patient and caring. I went in today with abdominal pains and she was extremely sensitive to all my concerns. When she performs the IUI insemination, it doesn't hurt at all. I can't recommend her enough.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2013

Dr. Cary L. Dicken's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Cary L. Dicken is part of our Sher Fertility Institute New York team. She comes to Sher Fertility Institute New York from Columbia University Center for Women’s Reproductive Care and is a long-time colleague of Dr. Tortoriello. Dr. Dicken attended Albert Einstein College of Medicine, completed her residency at Columbia University Ob/Gyn, and her fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at Albert Einstein Medical Center. She has more than 20 published papers and presentations to her credit and has special expertise and interest in the following areas: Poor Responders/ Diminished Ovarian Reserve Unexplained Infertility Irregular Periods Repetitive IVF Failure Dr. Cary Dicken’s philosophy and approach to treatment in her own words:“Assisting patients with their fertility is like no other field of medicine – understanding and addressing the emotional component is just as important as mastering the physiology and technology of reproductive medicine. I make a point of attending to how stressful infertility can be, and believe it is equally important to ease my patients’ fears about their fertility as it is to search for potential causes.“I will always remain optimistic with my patients as I never want a patient to lose hope on achieving pregnancy. While being caring and compassionate, I am also honest and upfront. I want my patients to have a realistic understanding of challenges they may face. My goal is to educate patients about fertility testing and treatment and to guide them to choose their best option.” Awards & Accomplishments Board certified in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology Resident Research Award, Columbia University Glasgow-Rubin Achievement Award Pfizer President’s Presenter Award

• English