Ratings for Dr. Staci D. Ridner

Dr Ridner was amazing! After a neighbor had told me how wonderful she was for her surgery, I requested for her to take care of my anesthesia. She was so kind. Dr Ridner has a very pleasant and calm demeanor that shines a nice spotlight on her profession and her Memorial hospital employer. She was able to communicate what she was going to do in an easy-to-understand way that allowed me to relax and know that I was at ease during a very stressful time. Thank you for the excellent care!!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

Very pleasant and professional

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Totally disagree with previous written review. I am also in medicine and specifically requested Dr Ridner to perform my anesthetic. She follows the standard of care which is written for patient safety. Something the previous reviewer obviously knows nothing about. I went and reviewed the ABA guidelines because my surgeon didn't take the time to tell me if I could eat prior. Dr Ridner is totally correct in cancelling any procedure that puts someone at risk for aspiration. Furthermore, I picked her not only because she is professional in every regard, but also with her pedigree. She was on staff at Vanderbilt previously, and I also learned secretly from a colleague from Vandy that she scored in the 99th percentile on her Board Exam. An accomplishment that definitely makes her a subject matter expert. I would definitely allow her to care for me or my family/children again.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

She was the anesthesiologist for a procedure I was going to have at Memorial Hospital in Chattanooga, TN. My procedure was scheduled for around 3:00 PM. During my pre-op testing a week earlier, I was told that I could eat a light breakfast, since the procedure wasn't until mid afternoon. In answering the abundant questions the day of the procedure, I stated that I'd had a cup of coffee, black, and a half dollar sized mini cupcake at 8:30 AM. Next thing I know I've got this **** doctor, whom I've never met (and never want to again) right in my face yelling at me for eating after midnight. When I told her I'd gotten the OK for a light breakfast, she went off in all directions: 1) they never should have told you that; 2) the food I ate was more than a light meal; 3) another patient lied to her and began aspirating coca-cola during surgery. That was the end of my procedure. I got my money back from Memorial Hospital and never want to see this **** again. Totally outrageous.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2014