Dr. John M. Barnes

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. John M. Barnes

Recently I had a great experience at Barnes Foot and Ankle. The staff was cheerful and friendly. Dr. Barnes understood my problem and I’m already getting better.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

Dr. Barnes corrected a surgery performed by another podiatrist. I can't believe I've been dealing with the pain for so long before going to see Dr. Barnes. What a relief!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

Dr. Barnes is a very professional doctor. He took the time to explain my condition and outlined treatment options that would work best for me. His staff is courteous and friendly. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

A truly exceptional Doctor, He's Very good and thorough . And he really cares too. It's nice to be his patient again.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Dr. Barnes is amazing. I am happy that he's moved back to Portland and his new practice, Barnes Foot and Ankle (www.barnesfootandankel.com). He is so genuine, caring, and great at getting your feet back in shape. I do and would recommend him to anyone. He is by far the kindest doctor I have ever met.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

Visited Dr. Barnes at his new practice, Barnes Foot and Ankle. I was a patient at The Portland Clinic and missed him when he left. So glad he has his own practice and able to continue my care! He is a very caring and compassionate doctor.,.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2016

What a breath of fresh air ! Dr. Barnes took the time to explain my diagnosis, his recommended course of action, but also gave me other options to consider. He takes the time to understand his patients needs. I prefer surgery as the last resort, and too often doctors seem to rush you to surgery. Not Dr. Barnes.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

Dr. Barnes is very knowledgeable and instills a lot of confidence in his ability to solve problems of redoing a surgery by another doctor 12 years ago. He took excellent care of me throughout all of my visits with him. He had to do a big procedure on all five toes and then this fall I had him do a surgery on my other foot to relieve pain there. He is positive, kind and really makes an effort to explain everything while being realistic as to what to expect. He repaired what I thought would have remained a hopeless situation and my recovery went very smoothly. I consider myself very lucky to have found him and would highly recommend him to anyone in need of an excellent foot doctor.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2015

I saw Dr. Barnes for some arch pain that I had been having for 2 years. He suggested orthotics and they've allowed me to run pain-free. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

I scheduled bunion surgery for a hallux rigidus of my right big toe. I saw Dr. Barnes based on his high ratings. I was amazed that Dr. Barnes said I could be back to mostly normal within a couple of weeks. I had the surgery Dec. 26, stitches out Jan. 7 and am walking around normally on Jan. 8 without a boot or bandages. I can start running in 1 month. Yahoo!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

Dr. John M. Barnes's Credentials

• California College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1999)