Ratings for Dr. Julia Harris

I've seen this doctor a few times and haven't had one helpful, uncomplicated visit. As a gynecologist, she was not knowledgeable. When I asked her questions, she just kept handing me pamphlets rather than answering. I could've saved my copay and researched online for that. As a general physician, she let her nurses do all the work and she never actually examined me further to see what was really going on past what I had described. She took my word for it that I thought I had allergies and without even lifting a stethoscope, just gave me a sample and prescription and sent me on my way. When it didn't work but actually seemed to make things worse, she was almost impossible to get a hold of, finally prescribed me a new medicine that was WAY more money than she knew I could afford as my insurance doesn't cover most brand name medicines, and is now leaving me without any medicine or assistance for at least the entire weekend. I will never go back to Dr. Harris again.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2010