Ratings for Dr. Daniel T. Richards

Very helpful and knowledgeable. Did a very good job and got me back to sport in a very appropriate manner.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2017

If I could give negative stars I would. Dr. Richards attended to my 4 year old last year after he fractured his tibia. Dr. Richards said my son couldn't walk on his leg while he was in a cast (6 weeks) and put him in a cast that went all the way up to his hip. For days my son was screaming in pain. He cried so hard he made himself throw up. I took him back in and they split his cast all the way up both sides, wrapped in an ace bandage and sent us home again. My son was still in excruciating pain, but when I called the office they said there was nothing more they could do for him, except prescribe Tylenol with codeine (for a 4 year old?!) Desperate to help my son and trusting the doctor knew what he was doing (BIG MISTAKE!) I gave my son the Tylenol, but that didn't even come close to giving him any relief. At the recommendation of our pediatrician, I took him to Primary Children's for a second opinion. They x-rayed his leg and said he had a quarter sized heel sore due to the split cast being too loose. They said Dr. Richards cast him way too soon after the fracture, which didn't give his leg the time it needed to swell before being put in a cast. They put a new cast on him (that only went up to just below his knee), put a walking boot on him and said he absolutely could walk on his leg while he was in the cast. Within less than 2 days my son was running around on his new cast, pain free and happy. I would never recommend Dr. Richards to anyone.

Submitted April 10, 2017

Dr. Daniel T. Richards's Credentials

• Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2002)