Ratings for Dr. Maria E. Lamothe

Not a good one to recommend. She was condescending and not interested in patient's issue. She kept checking her watch while I was talking about the issue

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

My first office visit with Dr. Lamothe was yesterday. In checking some of these prior reviews, I almost did not choose Dr. Lamothe as my doctor, but I'm glad for once I did NOT go with my instinct. Dr. Lamothe was great!! I felt she took her time with me, she was fully knowledgeable, had a sense of humor, and made me feel as if she cared about me as a patient. What more could one want in a doctor!! I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

I like seeing Dr. Lamothe because she does take her time with you and will work with you to find a treatment you are happy with. She is somewhat stoic, but it's not something that I mind because I am too. Very courteous staff and she is almost invariably on-time.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

I saw her for a while. ok Not a nice doctor. No respect for people.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

I saw Dr. Lamothe for thyroid care. If you are seeing her for another endocrine issue, your experience may be different. She routinely checks Free T3/T4 and prescribes natural thyroid medication (most endo's don't do either), so that's a huge plus. First visit went well, she was friendly and seemed to be knowledgable, although most of the info I already knew (not her fault, I do a lot of research). My second visit did not go as well. I asked several questions she couldn't answer and she seemed annoyed by my questions (I can totally see her saying what the other reviewer said about "how would you like it if I came to your job and asked YOU a ton of questions?") Also, she based her plans for my medication soley on my TSH level. I'm not sure what the point of testing the frees are if you aren't going to use the results for treatment. If you are desperate for NDT, she's a decent start, but isn't the best choice for thyroid care. Staff is decent, but not especially friendly.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2014

If you're looking for a doctor who is dismissive and does not want to be questioned, then this is the place for you. If you want a doctor who will listen and thoughtfully consider your questions about YOUR body, then go elsewhere. She actually concluded our appointment by saying "how would you like it if I came to your job and asked YOU a ton of questions?" Ummmm, that would be fine, as I am CAPABLE of answering them... Laughably bad. Definitely one for the books, and NOT in a good way.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013

Dr. LaMothe was one of the best drs. i have ever seen. She took the time to explain my condition to me in detail. She listened to my concerns and tried to come up with solutions that would fit with my lifestyle. She was very friendly and caring and treated me with respect. It is rare that you find a dr. that spends so much time with you and goes over in detail both what is happening in your body as well as the many options you have in terms of treatment. I only wish i found her sooner!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

I love Dr. La Mothe. She's very knowledgeable and understanding. Her office staff is nice and I love that there is even a nutritionist/diabetic educator right in the office - Elizabeth, who is great as well.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2012

Dr. Maria E. Lamothe's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (Grad. 2006)