Ratings for Dr. Caleb W. Hirsch

He is always available and cares for his patients He takes the time to explain timings

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Would not recommend! Does not listen or answer questions. Highly unprofessional.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

Unfortunately, Dr Hirsch has been semi retired and the care for his patients and practice has gone down hill. He has gotten older and his ego has gotten the best of him. He gets extremely offended if you see other doctors and or specialist unless he refers you. He will constantly send you to the emergency room when it is not an an emergency due to being lazy and not wanting to order numerous tests....Also so he won't be liable for your work up. His personality can be nice or mean on any given day. You have to ask over and over again for any outside paper work to be faxed and when it's done it's most always incorrectly done. The list goes on and on.... I personally want a Dr now that only works full time. Ifs obvious that he is burnt out on his career and patient care....

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

A longer than usual wait time is well worth it. I'm 71 y/o and have seen many doctors in my life time. Dr. Hirsch is without question one of the very best ! I'll stay with this doctor until the very end. Simply put...he's terrific! I've seen him many times for various problems and each and every time his diagnosis was spot on and gave me the correct meds that other doctors failed.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

Dr. Hirsch is a wonderful, caring and compassionate doctor. He is thorough and takes his time to listen to you. He even called me at home to check up on me. I'd strongly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2011

Dr Hirsch is the best doctor I have ever gone to in my life. He really cares about the well being of all his patients. If you have an emergency he calls you back right away. He has been my doctor for over the last 20 yrs. I have had everyting from heart murmers, to shingles. I am not old but not a youngster too. I no longer live in the valley but continue to drive to see him from West Side. He is very knowledgeable and caring.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2011

I went to see him about gastritis. I told him that my mom had IBS and her side of the family had stomach/intestinal problems. He gave me free samples of acid reducer. I returned after 2 years instead of finding a new doctor because I remembered thinking he was a good listener. He gave me more free samples and ordered blood tests (- H.Pylori). I saw a copy of my file while applying for insurance. He'd written "Mother has diabeties," which was incorrect. Another couple of years and the gastritis returned. I didn't want to go back to Dr. Hirsch, the mistake in my file bothered me. My mom was feeling better without gluten so I tried an elimination diet. My stomach pains reduced, then increased when I reintroduced gluten. I know gastritis isn't a typical Celiac Disease symptom but I had low iron, obvious skin eruptions, and a family history. He must've misheard IBS as diabetes. If he'd heard/written the correct problem he might've seen the big picture and saved me a lot of discomfort.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2011

My whole family has been going to this doctor for many years. He is truly outstanding - and is particularly good at recognizing symptomology. He is very good at seeing beyond the obvious, and caught illnesses and accurately diagnosed them when other specialists missed them. He is rather quiet and somewhat shy, and so lacks that genial "hail-fellow, well-met" facade some drs are so good at, but he is FAR superior in all other ways. Will even check on his sick patients on his own time on the weekend, or if you're in hospital under a specialists care. Goes above and beyond always.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2009

Doctor answers his voice mail within reasonable time, He also answer his calls at his office.Very confortable with questioning him about medication.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2006

Dr. Caleb W. Hirsch's Credentials

• New York University Medical College - Nlg (Grad. 1985)