Ratings for Dr. Jiyo Shin

Dr. Shin lacks compassion and understanding that doctors notes are important.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

Dr Shin answered all of my questions of hypertension and heart disease and was able to provide time when her office was obviously really busy to thoroughly explain the risks of my condition and how to manage treatments (both pharmaceutical and lifestyle).

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

I was given an appointment swiftly (my AMAZING PCP, Dr. Dao, was booked up) and the staff was courteous. I waited an hour for my appt, but I was a few minutes late myself so I think I probably got bumped back -- fair. Her examination was abysmal. I had lots of other viral symptoms, but I stressed that the reason I was there was to see about treating my throat, since I was taking 800mg of iburpophen every 4-6 hours just to stay uncomfortable rather than abjectly miserable. No exaggeration: I would estimate her time spent looking in my throat to be 3 seconds. I said, "Oh, FYI, I have green patches in the back, but they're kind of hidden -- I only saw them when I turned my head to look at an angle." Didn't take a second look. Didn't listen to my chest, even though I was coughing throughout the appt. She did prescribe me abx (penicillin), so in the end it worked out how I was hoping, but I was appalled at the lack of thoroughness. Stay far away!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2012