Ratings for Dr. Michael D. Whitaker

Nice smile. Snappy dresser. Bedside manner rates below that of several drill sargeants I had in the Army. No wonder he's punctual...talks at high speed, hard to get a comment or question in edgewise. Unwilling to listen to alternative treatments or thoughts: everything plainly predetermined before he gets in the room, let alone meets or talks to you. Blatant attempt to frighten you into adopting his proposed course of treatment as opposed to showing empathy or concern. 60-second physical exam must set Olympic record. Utterly disparaging of anything you might have read on the Internet...obvious he hates it since other opinions intrude on his Olympian pronouncements. Prescribed expensive medication without even mentioning that approved generics were available. Doubtless reasonably knowledgeable within field and probably popular with fellow physicians...but I already have golfing buddies. If only those irritating patients wouldn't intrude on his career. I'll make sure he has one less to worry about.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

This doctor can be very dismissive. He doesn't note all symptoms communicated to him during a visit. He seems more interested in confirming any way he can his instantaneous diagnosis more than he is to really investigate accurately your health problem and that is not the way a good doctor should behave.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

This is the worst doctor I have ever been to. Was quick to dismiss any symptoms (even though they are direct side effects of my medication) and also dismissed previous confirmed diagnosis of other Mayo Dr's. This guy is way to arrogant to still be a doctor. And don't even try repeating yourself or asking followup questions, he will just interrupt you and cut your meeting short.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2016

This is the WORST doctor I have ever been to, and I've been to a lot. He does not listen, and constantly interrupts you in order to dismiss the symptoms you are trying to communicate. He is very arrogant and actually yelled at me several times during my appointment. He formed an opinion immediately that I do not have a certain disease, and that was that. When blood tests came back high, indicating a problem, he claimed my sample "sat on the counter too long", and re-ordered the test. When it came back high again, he made the same excuse. Mayo Clinic Arizona puts samples on ice immediately, and sends them overnight to Rochester, where they are processed very quickly. In fact, my results were posted online for me to see the day after I had them drawn in Arizona! This doctor will blatantly lie to you to support his position. He is also not up to date on new guidelines for diagnosing endocrine disorders. When he called to tell me that everything was normal, I asked him a few questions, he yelled at me again, told me that the conversation was over, and hung up on me! Very unprofessional...should have gone to the REAL Mayo Clinic.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014

Dr. Whitaker practices "sloppy medicine." An embarrassment to Mayo Clinic.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

Dr. Whitaker was very considerate and attentive. He asked pertinent questions and was responsive to my concerns.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2010

Instead of addressing the heath condition that I had specifically made the appointment for, this doctor made negative emotional and demeaning comments within minutes after meeting me accusing me of using Human Growth Hormone, a drug that I did not list on the medical information that I provided and a drug that I have never used or even considered using. (I am a Registered Pharmacist and know my drugs) Consequently,after requesting a change of doctors, due to this experience, within this practice, my Type II Diabetes continued to go incorrectly diagnosed as "pre-diabetes" and therefore did not receive the correct treatment for an additional 6 months-since he had placed his Colleague on a "Snipe Hunt" as well. It is my opinion that this doctor is a pompous, overly emotional, irrational unprofessional person.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2010

Quick to dismiss everything. Arrogant. Not good follow up care. Appointments cut short. Not sure of his knowledge either.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2008

He took me as a patient after moving from Minnesota and had a different approach to my treatment. His treatment combined with the other doctor, I remain cancer free to this day.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2008

Very quick to dismiss everything.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2006

Dr. Michael D. Whitaker's Credentials

• Univ Of Calgary, Fac Of Med, Calgary, Alb, Canada (Grad. 1976)