Ratings for Dr. Joan F. Bailey

I feel like I'm reading about another doctor. Dr Bailey pays good attention to my labs and other areas of concern. She was highly recommended and I do the same. Her staff are very busy and may translate to rude, but I don't think so. And there are long waits at times but I bring something to do and, from experience, know that she's really worth the wait.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Bailey for four years. On occasion I have waited more than two hours to see her. Today I called ahead, as asked, to make sure Dr. Bailey was running on time. I was told she was on time and to be sure to be to my appointment on time. I was there ten minutes early. After waiting 20 minutes I discovered Dr. Bailey decided to see three drug reps who stopped by instead of seeing her patients. This is totally unacceptable. After waiting 35 minutes, I told Laura I had to get back to my job. She said she understood and was frustrated that the doctor was seeing the drug reps and not patients. In my book, it does not matter how good the doctor is. My time is just as valuable as the doctor's. I hate to stop being a patient of Dr. Bailey , but will not tolerate being treated this way and am looking elsewhere.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Front staff doesn't return phone calls and claims they do. I called them 6 times in 5 days. I told doctor my medication dose was too high and i was suffering from insomnia and heart palpitations. She ignored my comments and recommended a higher dose. Like the other reviewer said, front staff lies. Now they're trying to charge me for cancelling an appointment. When you don't' call me back after 6 calls, yes, i will cancel the appointment. (they said they tried but couldn't). That's fine for once. But what about the other 5 times you didn't call me back?? Lying, rude and incompetent. Find another doctor.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

I love that if I call before my appointment they will tell me how far behind the dr is running and when to arrive. I have worked in a medical office before and apprecieate what all goes on up there. Yes, sometimes they are short with people like other reviews said and they are human and make mistakes but when I am in need they take care of me.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

I cannot say enough good things about Laura and Mia, the front staff. They are both wonderful. My husband and I are in the process of changing endos. We only get to see Bailey once a year. They "forgot" to schedule my husbands cancer checkup. We are sure we can find a doctor with better patient skills. Ditto on Laura Nolan. She is knowable but has no people skills to speak up.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

I would't recommend this doctor to anyone..Her staff and her professional manner left a lot to be desired!!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

Dr. Bailey is an excellent doctor and she knows her field well. She works well with my primary care physician, an internist. Her diabetic specialist, Laura Nolan, is difficult to work with and is a challenge to deal with. She only explains what she is doing if you ask; otherwise she just tells you what to do with your insulin pump. Dr. Bailey needs to find a friendlier and better diabetic specialist to adjust your insulin pump and the person needs to teach as she makes changes in your pump so you know why she is doing various changes. She needs a better staff to serve a fine doctor. Her staff does not operate at the same level as Dr. Bailey.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2014

Dr. Bailey is at the top of her profession. I can't say enough about her. She is knowledgeable, passionate and caring about her work. With the amount of time she takes with each of her patients you can expect to have long wait times. If you want to have shorter wait times educate yourself so all of us patients can benefit with shorter wait times. Now to the bad! Unfortunately I have to agree with all the above complaints regarding her office staff. Not that they are rude, just not on point and not knowledgeable. Hard to make appointments and not flexible.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

I waited almost two hours for my new patient appointment several years ago but since then my ultrasound and follow-up appointments have been very timely. Dr. Bailey is very thorough and methodical and knowledgeable. I have been very happy with my experience so far. The staff seem very busy - so they seem a little short but they have never been rude or irritated, just "to the point." I have received a cancer diagnosis so I will be seeing Dr. Bailey/staff more often so I will keep the review updated.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2013

Dr. Baily and PA Debra Bayham are awesome. They give you plenty of time and make sure all your questions are answered. You never feel rushed. I feel blessed to have found this office. I have tried several other endocronologists and found this team to be the best. The staff is very helpful. They have always been polite. I would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

Dr. Joan F. Bailey's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

MB Health