Ratings for Dr. Melanie Santos

If you want to know what she is like on her bad days this review gives you a glimpse. From several other reviews it appears her bad days are not isolated incidents. My friend asked me to accompany her to her appointment with Dr Santos because she didn't fully understand her diagnosis so she wanted an extra pair of ears to understand Dr Santos. She explained to Dr Santos I was there to help her make an informed decision regarding her medical options to please explain her diagnosis. Dr. Santos was visibly frustrated and upset that she was being asked to go over and explain my friends medical condition. She not only spoke extremely fast she also spoke in terms that were vague to the client. When I would ask her to elaborate or aske to clarify she would respond by speaking over me and not make eye contact as if she could pretend I was not there. When I noticed her physical cues of being visibly upset she had to explain things further I told her she was being asked questions she needed to be ok with answering & her response was a "Ugh! No!" In a Valley girl attitude and continued to explain in the most vague way she could. I'm sorry but if it wasn't that my phone recorded the conversation we would not have been able to put pause to her diareah way of explaining and go back to what she said to try and decipher Dr Santos Encrypted way of speaking. She may have studied medicine but she needs to take a lesson in people skills. I agree with a previous review that she would be best suited for work in a research lab where she doesn't have to interact with pesky humans and need to be bothered with human interaction and the trite politeness that it would require. My friend will get a second opinion from another Dr for the purpose of asking questions and have the understanding of her diagnosis prior to making any decisions regarding surgical procedures for her condition. I walked out of her office upset at the way this drone of a Dr with little empathy for the patient was at all, in out of all places, working with women, and our most intimate medical issues. In regards to her fake smile, yes she spoke with it as she would alternate the smile with the "Ive gone over this before and you've already been given pamphlets on this." If this is how she treats her patients I could only cringe and feel sorry for how she must treat her staff. The meeting lasted 11 excruciating minutes enough to make me want to warn other women you are not alone if you come out of her office frustrated that you didn't understand her explanation. It's not you, it's her. Just save yourself the time and frankly the emotional drain it will cause you, just go to another Dr.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

Wonderful Doctor. After working with others, she is a breath a fresh air, very informative, giving me many options, and making me comfortable with my decisions for surgery.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

I found her staff to be helpful and couteous. I wish I could say the same about Dr. Santos. She should consider switching to research work where she wouldn't have to interact with patients.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

She is very helpful and i s a great doctor & was great in explaining my situation. You just have to ask questions and she will answer all of them throughly. She does her job well. I would recommend her to anyone that needs her help.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

I have never dealt with such rude people in all of my life. The receptionist was very snotty to be and asked what "business" was. I have pelvic and bladder pain and want to be seen ASAP. She said I couldn't been seen until July 16th. That is over a month away. I will call another doctor. I have great insurance and I don't need to be treated like this. Ladies I strongly do not recommend this doctor or her rude staff.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

Dr. Santos was pleasant enough during my first visit, but she did a terrible job explaining my test results and she made me feel like an idiot, after explaining treatment options. I didn't fully understand what she was saying and she needed to be patient, slow down, and perhaps show me visuals of my issues. I never have been so upset leaving a doctors office. She needs to break it down on a patients level. Looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

I don't understand the other comments. I love Dr Santos, she is so sweet and caring. I have a difficult problem and she is doing everything she can think of to help me. She took my hand and promised me she will find a solution to my problem. You can't ask for more than that.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014

Stay away from this doctor! She's rude and doesn't even care. She ended up misdiagnosing me with an std. Not to mention told me that if she ever had to do surgery on me, I'd die. It was the first and last time I went to her.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2014

She is not particularly, communicative or proactive. I would not recommend her by any means.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

very helpful, took the time to listen to my concerns

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

Dr. Melanie Santos's Credentials

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University (Grad. 2004)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Fullerton, CA