Ratings for Dr. Jay Zelinski

I was admitted into Bayonne Hospital in 2011 for internal bleeding, he was my attending doc there, and he based a diagnosis of alcoholism on two tests--a blood test and MRI. He did an endoscopy, found four ulcers, and claimed they were from the h-pylori "virus," as he called it, although it isn't a virus and I never had h-pylori. He was supposed to consult with hepatology to set me up with a follow- up biopsy, and never did. He never asked me about symptoms, of which I had a list. I asked him to do more testing, but he did nothing. If I had a biopsy, they most likely would've discovered the ATP7B gene and excess copper, which means WILSON'S DISEASE! He had a horrible bedside manner with me because he thought he was dealing with a run-of-the-mill alkie, but I was never anything more than a social drinker who drank mostly beer or red wine. When I was told by "Dr. Z" that I had the beginnings of cirrhosis, I asked for further testing, asked if I was to see s hepatologist, and got nothing. I was uninsured at the time & on charity care at the hospital, so I'm wondering if that was a factor? Because if that's so, then I see that his main concern is not patients, but $$$, because his regulars with good insurance are saying he is attentive and caring. He treated me like garbage, and my sickness was probably the rarest and most interesting one in that entire hospital!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016