Ratings for Dr. Irene Y. Ngantcha

This DR. (?) talks down to her patients to the extent that she once rose to her feet and came across the room in a flash to stand over me in order to make me feel small in her presence. Despite my having diabetes (type II) for 30 yrs. and am 65 yrs. old, she spoke to me as though I were a stupid little girl who needed to be put in her place. She prescribed Januvia for me at one visit. When I got home with the medicine (very expensive), I discovered that the manufacturer clearly stated that those patients who had ever had pancreatitis should NOT take this medication, specifically stating that serious and possibly fatal pancreatitis WOULD occur. Despite this, she insisted I take the medication (I refused). Her nurse told me that she wished her patients would not read the warnings on medications she prescribed. Needless to say, I have an appointment with another Doctor.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015