Ratings for Dr. Kathryn M. Mccullough

I recently visited Dr. McCullough's office and did not have a positive experience. Arrived with a set appointment time, but I had to wait for almost two hours before I was called to an exam room. I made a reasonable request during the medical exam and the overall response from her medical assistant was a " take it or leave " attitude, which was very disrespectful. Dr. McCullough was very annoyed with my questions regarding the safety of a medical product/procedure and made comments about not being able to get along with me. I allowed the eye exam to be completed, but Dr. McCullough needs to understand that a patient has the LEGAL right to question the use of any medical product or procedure. This doctor need to get rid of her " God complex" and remember it's about the concerns of the patient, not about her. If want respect and compassion from a medical provider, seek other options.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Dr. McCullough was an amazing optometrist! I was told I would be given a full medical eye exam as well as a vision checkup. They had a new machine that looked at the back of my eye and I felt like my exam with Dr. McCullough was a lot more comprehensive than any other eye exam I have ever had. The staff was very kind and I did not have to wait long. I usually only get on and leave reviews when I have received care that was above and beyond what I am used to, and Dr. McCullough's office definitely did that. I would recommend her to anyone in the Tupelo area! Mike

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

I went there to make contact lenses. She asked no questions about the issue I have with my contact lenses and wrote prescription. I was using RGP lenses because soft lenses made my eyes very dry and I explained it to her while she was writing prescription. However, what she told me was 'this is the good one'. That's it! She never asked me what type of lenses I used use or anything!!! Well, I decided to believe her, but here I am! keep using eye drops all day long and my three years old RGP lenses works much better than new soft lenses. I wish she listened to me and gave me some advice as a professional. I won't go back there never again.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2012

Dr. Kathryn M. Mccullough's Credentials

• Southern College Of Optometry (Grad. 1979)