Ratings for Dr. Karen Schell

I have seen Dr Schell for 3 years now and have had 2 pregnancies within that time- one being a high risk mono di twin pregnancy. She was amazing and totally proactive with my care. By 10 weeks, I was seen by high risk too. Had ultrasounds every 2 weeks to check heart tones and DVP on each baby and check for bladders/ kidneys. The wait was long at times but I always had a long conversation with Schell, she never rushed me. She has become a friend through my last pregnancy. She eased all my fears of having a csection. I could not have asked for better care

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Every visit has resulted in over an hour wait. I was referred for abnormal uterine bleeding. I waited for an additional hour in the exam room after which she rushed in and said she didn't have ultrasound and there was no reason to examine me without them. At the time I had experienced intermittent heavy bleeding that was disrupting my life. I was charged a copay and told to follow up when I felt it necessary. Run don't walk to another doctor!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Dr Schell is wonderful. The best OBGYN I've ever found.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

My husband and I have had two bad experiences with Dr. Schell and are switching providers because she is not only incompetent but completely rude. At both appointments the RN was far more helpful and all Dr. Schell did was smile nod and rush us out. She ignored our questions and completely acted like my husband wasn't even in the room, even when he tried to engage her. She never found the fetal heart rate, at all, after using several dopplers and an ultrasound, and brushed me off when I asked her what the heart rate was, saying, "I don't know, but it's fine, I can tell." She seemed to lack even the most basic interest in her job and doesn't seem interested in building a rapport with her patients. Our advice is to use another MD with more experience, having a child is stressful enough without a having to cope with a Dr as negligent as Schell.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

On several occasions I'd wait over 30 mins before even being seen by the nurse, let alone Dr. Schell. I was referred to Dr. Schell for a more thorough OB/GYN treatment. However, the Dr. never knew, informed me or discovered that I had fibroids (after 2 years of care) until I was 6 weeks pregnant. At that time Dr. Schell stated that she would monitor my fibroids closely for growth but never did. At 14 weeks pregnant I had a miscarriage and she referred me out to 3 different doctors because she couldn't perform the surgery needed to remove my baby. She is young, inexperienced. She will passify you with a smile and send you on your way after a 2 minute discussion. Don't expect her to follow-up. I waited 6 weeks for test results and never heard from her or her staff. I ended up finding another doctor that was more experienced and actually cared about my want to have children. Dr. Schell will force birth control on you no matter what you say your future plans are.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2013

Dr. Karen Schell's Credentials

• University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine (Grad. 2005)