Ratings for Dr. Richard V. Matern

Dr Matern treated me for a large kidney stone in early 2014. The procedure, for my 5th stone in about 15 years, was done flawlessly with no complications. He listened to my questions and answered them to my complete satisfaction.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

Dr. Matern is a knowledgeable, highly skilled surgeon with robotic technology. He doesn't rush his patients and explains thing in simple terms. Following my discharge he followed up with d2 calls to make sure I was doing okay and if I had any further questions. Excellent pre-surgery and post surgery follow up. Other medical professionals who have worked with him in the operating room all enthusiactiy indicated that he is one of the top surgeons in the area with urology and robotic surgery.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2014

I had robotic prostatectomy performed by Dr Matern on 6/26/13. From the pre-surgery office visit to the recovery room, Dr Matern was the absolute best.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2013

He is absolutely outstanding! The best doctor I have ever seen. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2013

Dr. Richard V. Matern's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)