You may also like

Rate Dr. Franklin S. Weingarten

Dr. Franklin S. Weingarten's Ratings

In my experience he pushed and pressured myself and members of my family (children as young as 11 and 13 years old) into unecessary drugging and treatments resulting in serious harm and near death. Three family members were misdiagnosed and with more than one illness. This is just the tip of the iceberg. I want to believe his intentions were good but it's hard to know. This was years ago when he had a private practice and at the time he may have received financial incentives from pharmaceutical companies to prescribe certain medications. I am writing this so you do not have to experience what my family did. Whether his intentions were good or not please be careful and listen to your gut. Always get a second opinion with any diagnosis, treatment, or drug. Never forget to do your own research.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2889818].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2015

Doc was always friendly and compassionate … his wife/office manager was not – but enough has already been posted regarding her. What my issue was for over 10 years, was how my husband’s sleep problem was handled. He developed this over night – all of a sudden he would stop breathing when he dosed off. This was not ‘normal’ sleep apnea … he was in great overall physical shape, slender, he exercised regularly - but one night it just happened. Doc didn’t believe him even though I told him I was right there, listening to him NOT breath and then gasp for air. I couldn’t sleep thinking he might die any moment.
Doc thought it was all in his head and referred him to a Psychiatrist. When that didn’t prove helpful he just started throwing pills his way. We actually had to change pharmacies when one refused us, saying he was being over medicated. My husband was desperate to sleep and went along with doc … I on the other hand was furious with his treatment! I had “words” with doc’s wife – her solution was to send a tart letter ‘firing’ our family from their clinic – including my 80+ year old mother-in-law. My husband pleaded to be taken back – I on the other hand did not. So for the next 10 years doc prescribed pill after pill … if one gave him problems – he’d ADD another. You’ve heard how dangerous Ambien is … well doc had my husband taking 2 per night ALONG with many others.
With doc retiring and our moving to Washington my husband was finally forced to find another physician. The first one read his record and said he wouldn’t take him due to all the meds he was on. The next one didn’t read the notes until the day of his first appointment, so when he came in he told my husband that he’d take him off all meds if he was to continue with him. Well that sent him into a panic but he actually is dealing quite well with it all. My husband was sent to a sleep study doctor who about flipped out seeing all the pills doc had had him on, saying how dangerous that had been. So after almost 12 years now, my husband now has 2 doctors actually trying to solve his problem and HELP him rather than mask it with meds that totally changed his personality – giving us hope for the first time in years. Doc cost us 12 years of pure agony!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2825642].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

doctor is great although a little hard of hearing. biggest problem is the crazy wife that runs the office. He's a doctor not the pope!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1979956].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

I echo the comments that Darlene Weingarten is a bitter, unfriendly, and uncompassionate person. When my husband ran out of his bipolar medication, they would not give us a couple day's worth until he could get to his appointment. They made him go without the medication. then when he arrived at his appointment 10 minutes late due to bad traffic, they had given his appointment away and made him wait another 2 hours to see the doctor. When I told Darlene that my husband needed to take his meds regularly or he could have a manic episode, she suggested that if that happened they would call the ER. She is RIDICULOUS! Also their office doesn't accept credit or debit cards. You must pay cash or check. Get with the times please! And Dr. Weingarten prescribed a pain medication that couldn't be taken with my husband's other regular meds. The pharmacist was shocked that it had been prescribed and wouldn't release the drug.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1979957].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2011

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1979955].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2010

half hour wait, most ineffective staff ever...called me to give H1N1 and when I got there told me I was not eligibile. They called me and offered it!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1979954].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2009

I quit after some frustrating years, deciding that I didn't need that kind of hassle in my life. The Dr. is kind and mostly capable, but his office manager has always been a pain to deal with. Then when I left, she charged me $60 (in advance)for a bad copy of my 5-year records (with repeated pages) and sent a duplicate package to my husband's new doctor instead of to mine.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1979953].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2009

The personality of Darlene Weingarten (the person in charge of the front desk) is chilly, making it difficult to even schedule an appointment. Anyone calling a doctor's office doesn't need her confrontational attitude.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1979952].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2009

Dr Weingarten managed my wifes complex medical problem in years past. He was the best doctor I have ever come across. He identified problems that specalists did not find . He spent extra time and effort . I dont understand this average rating at all...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1979951].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2007

I didn't even get a CHANCE to go see this doctor. I made my appointment, filled out the paperwork I was asked to fill out, and because I got their phone message a few days late they cancelled my appointment and when I called the person at the front desk totally let me have it for not returning a phone call. I explained that I had a really busy week, I was sorry I didn't get the voicemails on time, and if I had any inkling they were going to call I would have tried to remember to keep an eye out for it...she told me it wasn't something they normally do. Great, so I get punished for something that they don't normally do? I suffer from depression, anxiety, ptsd, and chronic pain---forgive me if I'm not as on top of things as THEY are. So basically, I get treated like crap because I returned a call 3 days late. Unless you have no problems and are completely on top of your life, I guess this isn't the doctor for you. I thought they were there to help, I guess I was wrong.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1979950].votes_count ]]