Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey H. Cohen

Nasty disposition, misdignosed my eyesight, not knowlegable

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

Do not take your children here. He was horrible to my 3 year old. Dilated his eyes, forgot he had ordered that, then had him do an eye chart which he of course failed since his eyes were dilated. Had to be reminded that my son has problems seeing up close and had us almost out the door without even checking his near sight. Awful experience.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Dr. Cohen may have a dry and sarcastic sense of humor, but he is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. When we brought our daughter in with a sudden onset of double vision, he personally called a pediatric neurologist to schedule an appointment for her, as her problems could have been nephrological. While all of the testing and exams took time to check, double and triple check what was causing vision problems, I am eternally grateful for his persistence in getting to the root of the problem and process of elimination. She ultimately needed to have eye surgery, which Dr. Cohen performed, and we couldn't be happier with the results.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

I had to see him both times because supposedly everyone told me he was the best in his field. The first time I saw him he was incredibly rude and completely DISREGARDED anything I told him and told me he "wasn't going off of anything that wasn't documented". Which meant to me that anything I told him he would completely ignore. I told him I couldn't see out of my right eye, it didn't matter because to him my eyes looked completely fine. I told him I almost didn't pass my eye test for my permit and he says "but did you? No? You're fine then". I'm a very sensitive person and both times I had to see him he continued to push my buttons and I felt like he was just trying to rush everything and give me a half-assed prescription so I can get out of there. DO NOT GO THERE IF YOU WANT A GENUINE DOCTOR WHO ACTUALLY CARES. YOU ARE SETTING YOURSELF UP FOR FAILURE. Honestly I had just discovered that he was a children's doctor as well. I feel so sorry for those kids and parents that had to deal with him because he is one nightmare of a doctor.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

Horrible Doctor. Horrible with children. He spent 5 minutes examing my 3 yr old and said she needed surgery. When I tried to ask question, he just dismissed my concerns gave me a handout and told me to read it. I got a second opinion and in that process discovered my daughter has glacouma...thank God I got a second opinion. If Dr. Cohen would have done a better job, this could have been discovered. Horrible...HORRIBLE.. DO NO GOT TO HIM.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2012

Don't Bother the bad reviews are true. Customer satisfaction is not part of the deal at this office.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2011

Waited 2 hrs for my 6 y rold to see Dr. Cohen. He did not greet me, would not address me or answer questions. He spent perhaps 3 minutes with my daughter, spoke to the nurse, would not address me. I pressed him about what he was diagnosing my daughter with, he dismissed me and said, "I'll print you a hand out." The nurse gave me a page I could have printed on WebMD. This man has no business working with children, and I personally will be writing a letter to my insurance requested that he be removed as a preferred doctor, and will certainly advise our pediatrician. Parents do not take their children to specialist to be treated as if we were at a walk in clinic and dismissed with a hand out and hefty bill. Shameful!!!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2011

Dr Cohen is VERY RUDE, speaks condescendingly towards people, and is incompetent. He mis-diagnosed my son, because of his arrogance, and unwillingness to listen. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2010

Very good doctor. Has funny dry humor is there to do his job, not chit-chat. Always busy. Plus children need to cooperate so he can measure for glasses and measurements.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2009

Dr. Cohen was very abrubt but was very knowledgable. When is came to my 9 month old baby he was very concerned with the well being of my baby and my emotional state and acknowledge every question me and my husband had concerning the surgery that my son was undergoing.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2009

Dr. Jeffrey H. Cohen's Credentials

• Spanish

• Hahnemann University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Kaiser-Permanente