Ratings for Dr. Margaret L. Sommerville

Very happy with my visit! My face never looked better. Dr. Sommerville was sweet and caring. She understood my concerns.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

Dr. Sommerville rocks! I like her so much that I even started my husband on her skin care. He loves it and is getting complements. My husband recently went through a lot of surgery and has had a really difficult time. Dr. Sommerville really cheered him up and even gave him a skincare gift! Did I mention that she probably saved his life having found a skin cancer on his face that required extensive reconstruction. Great doctor!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

I have been a patient for 7 years. Dr. Sommerville treated me for awful hyperpiemtation on my face. She did light treatments, microdermabrasion and recommended great skin care that keeps me looking young. I can't say enough about her bedside manner. She is kind, approachable and sweet.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2016

Dr. Margaret Sommerville is awesome! All my life I hated my lips for being too thin for my relatively large face. I finally decided to see a plastic surgeon and he made my lips much worse by making my upper lip too large and hanging like a shelf over my lower lip. I was devastated. I saw dr. Sommerville for an irritated mole and she asked me about my lip. She was so nice explaining how she could make it look better by injecting my lower lip and making it more balanced. I was so scared after my awful experience with the plastic surgeon, but I went ahead with it. I am so glad that I did. It completely restored my self confidence. Dr. Sommerville is a great doctor, but she is also just an amazing human being who cares about her patients and makes you feel at ease.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

Amazing doctor. Very friendly office. Expect the best!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

Awesome doctor! The best. I had my precancers removed at her office. No scars, you can't even see where it was done. Dr. Sommerville is great at explaining things.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015

Dr. Sommerville has treated my entire family. She diagnosed a precancerous lesion on me and treated it successfully without leaving a scar. She also removed sun spots and fixed my acne. Dr. Sommerville also did a Botox injection and I have to say that I am amazed how natural it looks. My friends have these telltale upturned brow edges and frozen foreheads resultant from the treatment by another dermatologist and for the longest time I refused to get Botox fearing similar results. I have to say that I completely trust Dr. Sommerville, because she has excellent taste and a healthy dose of restraint when it comes to cosmetic procedures. She is superb and I would not go to anyone else. On top of that she is sweet, honest and not self-impressed. Chevy Chase Dermatology is great and I have recommended this practice to many of my friends.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Dr. Sommerville is very capable, honest and easy to communicate with. I appreciate her dedication to natural results and patient, thoughtful manner. Dr. Sommerville doesn't rush through the visit like other dermatologists. She is caring and careful. Chevy Chase Dermatology is a great practice.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

I have had a really good experience at Chevy Chase Dermatology. After seeing three other physicians, Dr. Sommerville was the one who finally properly diagnosed my problem. She called me twice at home to check on me. You just don't get such level of service from other doctors any more and I really appreciated it. Dr. Sommerville really cares about her patients and is willing to go the extra mile.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

Great experience. I appreciate Dr Sommerville's honesty. Great doctor and wonderful office staff. No hard sell, only honest, helpful information. The best skin care products. Everyone made me feel very welcome.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

Dr. Margaret L. Sommerville's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Top Hospitals in Chevy Chase, MD