Ratings for Dr. David H. Haven

Dr. Haven has been a helpful guide in my quest. He takes the time to listen and then provides different ways to consider a specific thought, situation, feeling, or interaction. I've worked with him for over a year now and have seen a significant positive change in my life. I look forward to our sessions where there are often 1 or 2 "aha" moments each time. I have had no problems with him billing my insurance, and as long as I give at least a week's notice, there have been zero "cancellation" fee issues. As a healthcare professional myself, I appreciate his thoughtful approach to scheduling and cancellation notifications.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

I have been a patient of David's for almost 6 months now and feel it's necessary to write a review on his abilities, business practices, billings and the fact he used what I divulged to him in therapy as a way of saying that I would do what every possible to avoid paying him. (not true but he was pretty vindictive after finding out I no longer wanted to see him as a therapist) He was very unclear on his scheduling policy and appointment making policy, his billings were almost always incorrect and required that I tell him what his errors were. He never sent receipts after payment and I would have to ask him multiple times to send receipts so we could get reimbursements from our insurance plan. Sometimes he would even say he sent out the invoices/receipts but never did and then would hand them over to me at my following appointment. We even found that he billed us for appointments that he never billed our insurance for. I kept records of all my correspondence with him and if it were possible, I would share them with you. I once spent an entire session where he had to explain his cancellation policy, and he was very unclear on the way he charged for make up appointments. He requires you see him once a week and if you're on vacation (previously scheduled) he would bill you directly at the same amount he would bill the insurance company (not billing the insurance but billing you the full amount) because he claimed the only way he works is by seeing him on a weekly basis. I also felt he broke trust by telling me that after I divulged certain information to him about myself personally, he was afraid to give me a bill directly and once I told him I was no longer going to see him the relationship took a turn for the worse. He turned into a completely different person and it was clear that he was less interested in helping me get better and more interested in an archaic and confusing way of billing. He then said, this is a good lesson for you to read everything you sign. (speaking of his contracts - multiple pages of legal speak) I highly suggest not seeing David Haven as a therapist unless you want billing issues and bad therapy. I know this may seem like a jaded review but I wish I would have read the reviews below prior to agreeing to see David Haven. We are still working out the billing issues and don't think they'll be resolved at anytime soon. Be sure to go with a therapist that has a rating above 2.5 stars. It's no wonder his billing was the way it was. In summation, David may have chosen the wrong profession and thank goodness he didn't go into accounting. I agree with most of the reviews below (with exception to the 4.5 star review). David DID spend a good portion of meeting time reviewing his notes and trying to remember what we had spoke about previously. He also used the excuse that he's too large to get out of his chair to see you out of the office. I found it rude and unprofessional also.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

He was very disorganized. Called me by the wrong name twice, and spent alot of time reviewing his "notes" about my previous visits. He also rescheduled one of our appointments, then forgot he rescheduled it - showed up 30 min late and said he had another appointment at that time. He didn't appear concerned that this was upsetting. In short, he was unprofessional and unhelpful.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

He's been excellent, understanding, thoughtful. Been seeing him for years and I'm happy with his help.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

Spent a few sessions with him and he had trouble remembering me each time I came to see him and he spent the first ten to fifteen minutes reviewing what we had talk about previously, this should have been done before I arrived. The second time I met with him he was late and I find that to be unprofessional being a professional myself.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011