Ratings for Dr. Michael Dorsen

Had fusion in 2007. Had all kinds of issues. Still have pain. Not very good in my book. They sent me home with only 50 percocets. My follow up was 12 days. I was out in 7 or 8. Needed them bad. And I'm not usually a pill head. My Neck still hurts to this day.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

Dangerous, please beware. Subjects patients to CT scans with just his guess/speculation. I just had simple, exercise related back difficulty, and he suddenly believed there was a possible stomach problem, even though I had zero stomach symptoms. Subjected me to a CT scan. Later I fount it's equivalent to 300-500 chest x-rays. He didn't tell me. He subjected me to this just based on his guess, and I had zero stomach symptoms. I simply had exercise caused back difficulty, which improved in a few weeks. Sadistic? This man likes to subject patients to CT scans just based on his whims? Increases patients possibility of getting cancer from radiation. A sick man.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2014

Dr Dorsen did my surgery on 2009 and I have had terrible pain shooting in my neck and down my arm. The mesh used for the fusion is bulging and paralizing me when it bulges until I have put push it back in place. When I went to see him and report the pain he treated me like a imbecilic and a idiot, and told me that I now have Chronic Pain and to just deal with it...um this is my body and I know what it feels like and when it feels SCREWED up. Now in 2012 I've had another opinion and it seems that my fusion has failed and is starting to bulge and it's possible that it may fall which will kill more nerves and I could loose the use of both arms. I have to have yet another surgery and Dorsen refuses to see me and even speak with me. Unbelievable, I wouldn't even recommend him to my enemy, and yes his bedside manner SUCKS

flag | Submitted July 24, 2012

Had a complete vp shunt revision done by Dr. Dorsen on November 14th, he was wonderful and caring, as is his staff!!!! Obviously since I need a shunt the surgery didnt cure the headaches that I get but at least they are not anywhere near as severe as they were before surgery.....

flag | Submitted December 8, 2011

Didn't believe one word i said...when I knew shunt surgery was necessary, 4 months later and other doctors calling surgery was finally done.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

Dr Dorsen is a miracle worker. I had an extensive lumbar fusion with a cyst on my nerves and old fusion debris. He performed a 6 hours operation and it has now been 3 months and I am free of the pain I had been living with for so long. I would recommend Dr Dorsen to anyone even the people I love the most. In short Dr Dorsen is my hero.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2011

Dr. Dorsen has operated on my low back twice for two separate issues two separate dates and two fusion's in my neck for two separate issues on two separate dates. I have had wonderful results in all four surgeries performed by Dr. Dorsen. I had two low back surgeries prior to seeing Dr. Dorsen and had moderate results using neurosurgeons at both Sacred Heart Hospitals in Eugene and Virginal Mason Hospital in Seattle. Dr. Dorsen sticks to the facts about what he can possibly do or not do for you, I happen to like that in a health care professional. I now have excellent mobility in both my legs, and my neck rotation is almost normal. I feel that he has given me back my life and highly recommend him as a surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2009

He operated on my husband in Sept. 2007 which he implanted a medicinal pump. The surgery was to take 4 hours and it lasted 7 hours. No bedside manner at all. On the 10th day he told me that my husband had blood infection & had to remove the pump. My husband had a massive stroke and died. He would never talk to me, he had Ben call me and say that I should come back to the hospital. I asked if he was dying and he said that he could. Dr. Dorson was a complete flop as far as I am concerned and I am sorry that Ben works with him as he is very nice.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2009

Dr. Dorsen gave me my 4th lumbar discectomy w/ laminectomy 12/19/06. My MRI report from 12/29/06 reads worse then before my surgery. I have severe neural foraminal narrowing w/ severe impingement and he refuses to help me. Today about 40% of my left leg is completely numb and his PA (Ben Luman) basically said there was no reason I should feel this way. I think after 4 lumbar surgeries and a retired orthopedic Dr. in the family, I know how to read an MRI report. His bed-side manner is a joke as well. I wouldn't rec. this hack to anyone!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2008

Living with a birth defect my how life, I'm SURE I know when there is a medical problem dealing with it! But, Dorsen was sure I was wrong.....NOT!!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2007

Dr. Michael Dorsen's Credentials

• Univ Of Sydney, Fac Of Med, Sydney, Nsw, Australia (Grad. 1969)

Oxford