Ratings for Dr. Jennessa F. Iannitelli

I met with the Doctor for a consult to begin my anti-aging journey. I was so nervous and after the consult I felt immediate ease. She seemed well educated and was very informative and even with my 40 questions patient. I have been back four times and love it! She was gentle during my procedures making sure at all times I was comfortable and I was extremely pleased with the results.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr Iannitelli for years. I have had a stroke and other serious issues. Dr Iannitelli is an amazing doctor. She coordinate my care with specialists, she always listens to everything I am concerned about and she never rushes me. Because of her care I feel better and safe. She always treats me with the utmost in respect and when I leave her office I know I am getting the best care possible.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

I have never been to a worst Dr or office. Where do I begin.... In January of 2013 I had been feeling tired and fatigued 24-7. She ordered blood work and received it back and it was abnormal and so she diagnosed me w hypothyroidism. Great. I had a start to what was wrong. She put me on levothoroxine and for the next yr it was NOT EFFECTIVE. I kept telling her, I think I need a new med or something else the whole yr and she wouldn't change anything. Probably just to shut me up she ordered more blood work and the results came back "normal" so she said. I told her, dr I still do not feel right. She told me there was nothing else she could do for my fatigue! I came in w a cold another time and she fluffed it off to allergies! I was beside myself. Therefore, a month ago I saw a thyroid specialist just to see if what she was telling me was correct. He took one look at my chart and was shocked that she said my blood work was normal back in January! There were highs and lows on almost every test she did!!! Including my T3 and T4 test results!! It's August people! She knew I had abnormalities in my results and told me it was NORMAL! I was sooooo pissed! I am still taking levothoroxine , my new doc said not to stop taking that. Soooo I go to frys to pick it up right? Just like always. Guess what? They canceled me as a patient because I sought out a different dr! AND NEVER TOLD ME!!!! I was out of meds for 6 days calling and calling and not being able to get ahold of them. My pharmacy had called them 6 times with no response! I honestly do not know why anyone would trust this office or this dr with their health! I am so pissed that she basically lied to me for a whole yr and a half! I'm mad at myself for allowing her to do this to me all for the sake of saving face! That is why I am leaving this review so nobody else has to go through this!!!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

Dr. Jennessa F. Iannitelli's response
For hypothyroidism levothyroxine is a first line medication. Blood levels are checked every four weeks until the levels are correct and stable. Fatigue can be multifactorial, if the thyroid levels were in normal range then we are unable to administer more thyroid medication to compensate for the fatigue. Labs are checked to address patient complaints and to monitor certain medications and not as a tool to quite patients. Also I may tell a patient that labs are "normal" even if there are high and low marks on the labs sheet. The high and low marks do not always mean that there is a clinically significant abnormality (which varies with every test). Labs will show out of range if they are even 0.01 out of the parameters, but does necessarily mean it is an "anormal" value. If we are informed that a patient has obtained a new primary care physician then we don't continue to provide prescriptions. The common cold is a virus and therefore antibiotics are not indicated, I often use medications that treat allergies as well to help control the symptoms. Charts are always completed the same day they are received within business hours.

Submitted January 30, 2015

Dr. Jennessa F. Iannitelli's response
I am sorry you had a frustrating experience, I try my best to partner with my patients in their health care experience by explaining their treatments. Patients health and satisfaction are always of the utmost concern.

Submitted February 19, 2015

Worst experience ever with a doctor. She made us wait for 45 minutes and spent 5 minutes with my brother. Didn't answer any questions or concerns prescribed medication he didn't need.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

Dr. Jennessa F. Iannitelli's response
I do my best to stay on time while seeing patients, however situations out of my control can arise putting me behind schedule. Sometimes patients present with conditions that must be addressed at the visit despite going over time constraints or issues with insurance verification. I review the vitals as well as prior notes, labs, testing ect... prior to even entering the room so I can be prepared for each patient visit. This process can take longer than five minutes in and of itself. I spend whatever time is necessary in the room to address the problem/s presented. I'm sure a long wait can be frustrating and make the visit seem shorter.

Submitted February 4, 2015

This is the worst Dr I have ever been to. Beware of this Dr. She is incompetent . She prescribed the wrong medicine for my father and he ended up in the hospital when his blood pressure went too low. If you value your life and the life of your family members stay away from her.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

Dr. Jennessa F. Iannitelli's response
To try and avoid possible complications patients that are placed on blood pressure medications at my office are taught normal blood pressure range and given a blood pressure cuff prescription if they don't alrea have a machine. They are told to monitor their pressures at home and call the office if they are out of range. In addition, any time there is a change in medication or dosing they are also seen back in the office for short term follow up in addition to their normal 3-4 month follow up visits. I follow the latest JNC recommendations (a national commission on blood pressure medication regimens). Despite these precautions there can be variation in individual response.

Submitted February 4, 2015

She was great to talk to about my problems and helped me. I would recommend her to everyone who needs a great doctor.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

Dr. Jennessa F. Iannitelli's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Midwestern University (Grad. 2006)

AARP