Ratings for Dr. Jerry SHAPIRO

I have had excellent results with his PRP treatments. He is a excellent doctor and I'm thrilled with the results

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

I don't know why he has such bad ratings online. He spent over an hour and a half with me, answering all my questions and telling me about my prognosis. He didn't really give me any more options than my regular dermatologist, but that's because there are such few treatments available for androgenetic alopecia. Overall, he clearly understood hair loss and was a very kind and patient man.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

He was fairly pleasant but has a high opinion of his skill as a hair loss specialist. As another reviewer said, I don't think he knows any more than most dermatologists. They all have the same answer - steroid shots, rogaine, propecia - none of which helped me. I learned more thru my own research which he dismissed probably because it wasn't his.) You can see him at the NYU Clinic (First Avenue) on Fridays for a minimal fee. He's always running late.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

He was very rude, and did not know any more about alopecia and it's treatments than my regular dermatologist knew even though he claims to be a hair specialist. I waited months for my appointment which lasted about 5 minutes (after spending 70 minutes in the waiting room!). He did not want to listen to a word I said once he found out I didn't want to get 100 steroid injections in my head every month. He refused to discuss the possible causes of my disease or other treatments. He said that I wasted my time seeing him. Terrible experience. I wish I could give him less than one star.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2012

Another autoimmune Dr suggested I see Dr Shapiro. I did a search on line to see what other patients thought of him. Upon reading those comments I almost did not see him. Today (1/26/2012) I had my first visit w/ Dr Shapiro and found him to be thoughtful, understanding & caring of my situation, precise in his explanations & suggestions. I am glad that I acted upon my instincts, thinking that more often then not disgruntled individuals will leave negative feedback than those who are satisfied leaving positive comments. I was so satisfied that I felt compelled to leave this note. It is prudent for a patient to research the doctors they intend to see but one should take the comments with a grain of salt. If you are thinking about seeing Dr Shaprio do yourself a favor & make the appointment. My visit was not inexpensive but in my opinion it is worth it. I'm not sure if following his suggestions will work & he was honest about telling me that but I feel seeing him was worth every penny. ML

flag | Submitted January 27, 2012