Ratings for Dr. George M. Wahba

Hello, I am a 58 year old woman who had to undergo cervical spine surgery. The c6-c7 spinal segment in my neck was pinching a nerve which led to insufferable 3 months of my life. I was unable to lie on my bed for sleep, walk like normally, and lost all sense and feeling on the right side of my body. For the first 3 months, I saw many doctors and specialists in all areas of medicine that included Chinese medicine, physical therapists, orthopedist, chiropractor, neurologist to neck and spine specialists but no one could detect the pinching nerve. At my 7th Emergency Room visit, I was referred to Dr. George Wahba at the Mercy Medical Hospital. Despite his booked schedule, I underwent an urgent surgery in less than 48 hours of meeting Dr. Wahba. Going into the surgery, I was given very little chance of ever walking normally again even with a successful procedure. Despite good chances of being a permanent handicap (3 months of pinched nerve has left drastic healing consequences), I underwent near 5 hour surgery on the night of March 10, 2016. As of now, it has been a little over a year since my surgery and I am so grateful to say that Dr. Wahba has saved my life. His expertise and skill as an orthopedic surgeon gave me a new life. I can walk, cook, work, lie down on a bed, eat, and do other daily activities all thanks to Dr. Wahba. I can't stress enough the care and kindness that Dr. Wahba is. He is truly one of the BEST orthopedic surgeon out there and I can not thank him enough for giving me back my life. If I could, I wish I can give him more stars than the website allows.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Dr Wahba was condescending and rude. He didn't listen to the issues I was having with my back and hips. He relies far too much on X-rays and as I said didn't make any attempt whatsoever to see if he could figure out what was wrong. Not everything is visible in an X-ray!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

Dr. Wahba tells it like it is. I got to the point that I could no longer stand the pain in my back and decided surgery was the route for me. Dr. Wahba said he could not do anything for my lower back but could help with arthritis that I had along my spine. Though it took some time to heal, I'm now able to play golf again. His staff was very helpful. I would recommend Dr. Wahba to anyone that would need his services. My experience was a good one.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

I am fortunate I was able to find Dr. Wahba. I have suffered from a debilitated back for some time, trying all options but surgery. After xrays, an MRI a few visits to Dr. Wahba and some attempts at physical therapy for a few months, I finally concluded I wasn't going to get better without surgery. Dr. Wahba was never quick to rush me into surgery. After finally deciding to schedule surgery to lift bone off of crushed nerves, I could not have been more impressed and confident in my decision because of him. Dr. Wahba is a straight shooter when talking with you. His office and staff could not be more friendly and helpful (thanks to Jan and Christina and the others!). I would highly recommend Dr. George Wahba for spine and orthopedic repair.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

My husband was suffering greatly from back pain. We had visited another ortho surgeon twice and the recommendation was to have surgery with the possibility that the surgery may not work. For a second opinion we visited Dr. Wahba. We were impressed from the moment he started explaining my husbands condition in language we could easily follow. He suggested the options of physical therapy and pain management. We decided to follow his advice and are very happy to report after 6 weeks he is doing so much better and "No Surgery"! We were very comfortable working with Dr. Wahba and had confidence in the medical plan he suggested. His staff were always pleasant, the office space is nice and the experience was worth sharing. We hope others will find Dr. Wahba as knowledgeable and helpful as we did.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

When I went to him I could not stand, sit or walk without pain. He removed a cyst from my spine and fused 2 disks in lower back. I was up walking within a week without pain and had a full recovery at 6 months. He listened and was very forthcoming on what I could expect. Loved him

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Dr. George Wahba is a "Miracle Worker". PERIOD !!! He went above and beyond in my husband, Joe Harrison's care. He was in a wheelchair, due to his back, when we first saw Dr. Wahba. He could not walk at all. Period ! Surgery was on February 23, 2016. Today on 4-2-16 the day I am entering this, he has been (for a week now), walking a mile EVERYDAY again and doing incredible ! Another Dr. @ an Emergency Room here in Bakersfield (Not Mercy Hospital where the BRILLIANT Dr. Wahba operates), told me when he first dropped to his knees suddenly, unable to walk, at an out of state airport, on January 21, 2016, and ended up back to Bakersfield in an ER.,( Multiple tests ... MRI included), to admit him to a Nursing Home. What ???!!! At 63 years old, a Nursing Home was NOT in the cards for me. He loves his job and loves working. Severe Spinal Stenosis was the diagnosis. Almost closed off. Dr. Wahba was in a Bakersfield Life Magazine article, and my sister in law Kathy, brought the article to me at home, when I was crazy with worry, trying to figure out what to do. Our insurance had referred him to a Dr. I knew I DID NOT want to take him to. Well, another George, whom I had gone to high school with and know his brother Alex, had been a part of this Bakersfield Life article, and had gone to Dr. Wahba after several "out of town" surgeries (L.A.), to no avail. He then saw Dr. Wahba. I believe at his 3rd or 4th back surgery, Dr. Wahba fixed him. Dr. Wahba and staff, helped me with the insurance end and changing Dr.'s. I told him that Joe, my husband, was unable to walk. He made an opening for an appointment to see him a few days later ! He is a BUSY man too. Dr. Wahba went beyond his own Specialty Care, when an COMPLETELY UNRELATED issue occurred. He checked on him every hour... While he was at a conference out of state/town. Dr. Wahba is sincerely an INCREDIBLE surgeon, as well as, an INCREDIBLE human being. My husband is better than he has been in years ! So good, that I believe ALOT of his health issues, were in actuality, due to his back. It's amazing to me, all that ones spine can encompass, when it comes to health issues. He is now off of 3 different medications, that he has been on for 7 years. After multiple bloodwork ups, his health is the best it's been in YEARS. Also, after wearing a full face CPAP machine for 20 years, he no longer snores. This is the GODS HONEST TRUTH ! His snoring (according to all testing Doctors), was off the charts ! My children will attest to that, growing up. He has NOT worn the machine, since 2-23-16. I am amazed ! I don't know if this has any bearing on the spine to the brain, or vice versa, but ... It is a Godsend ! So, to sum this long post up... Dr. George Wahba is amazing, and found his life's path to help others. Before you go to an out of town facility i.e. Cedars Sinai (which was told to me by someone), PLEASE PLEASE, make an appointment to see Dr. Wahba. He gets the job done without all of the metal work I have heard others endure and years later, still in pain. I have ALWAYS trusted my gut. I have always had a keen take on Medical Issues. This DR. GEORGE WAHBA, is a man of character, integrity, honesty, humility, trustworthiness, and very special in EVERY way ! After this post, you may think I am related to him. Answer is: No, I am not. Although my 39 and 40 year old daughters wish I were. Yes, he is also very easy on the eye. Take my honest word: He is a Godsend ! That's all. : )

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

Screwed up my back around the holidays, barely able to walk, hunched over, you know the drill. Consulted with Dr Wahba who was able to get me scheduled very quickly for surgery. Now, he did "manage expectations" and tell me I may still experience pain or not feel better, but when I woke up from surgery, I felt NO PAIN. Your results may vary but Dr. Wahba is a frickin master when it comes to backs. I didn't even need my pain pills.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

I am a 64 years old female. Had spine surgery December 15, 2014. Had s pinched nerve in my cervical spine. Pain from neck to arm and to middle if my right hand. Tried pain management, physical therapy, and rest. Nothing worked. I was so scared to have the surgery, I backed out once. Finally decided I did not to live like that for the rest of my life. When I woke up nerve pain was gone. Thanks to Dr Wahba I feel like I never ever had surgery at all. Pain free. Dr Wahba is a very knowledgeable physician, not always the best bedside manner, but a excellent surgeon for the spine. Thanks Dr Wahba

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

I've had two prior back surgeries and have had a pain pump since 2000 and needles to say I've had the pump replaced four or five times but the pain continued to be so overwhelming that my internist sent me for an MRI and that showed that I had more damage above the prior surgeries and needed a laminectomy and was sent to one surgeon that was not the right surgeon for me so on the advice of my internist I went to see Dr Wahba and was very impressed with him and his knowledge so I decided to let him preform surgery on my back. It's now been three months since my surgery and I'm doing so well that it's hard for me to believe that I could feel this good after all these years and past surgeries. Dr wahba has given me more relief than I ever thought possible. After searching all these years and trying to find help and almost giving up I am so glad to have found Dr Wahba and his talents . to anyone with back problems you know how bad the pain can get and how easy it is to give up please do what I did and go see Dr Wahba and see what he can do for you

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

Dr. George M. Wahba's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University Of California, San Francisco School Of Medicine (Grad. 2005)