Ratings for Dr. Parish A. Mckinney

I was a patient of McKinneys for a few years several years ago. I always found her to be cold, distant, uncaring and I always felt that she was faking a personality. When I lost my insurance they assured me they could help me with samples to keep me going. Should be easy since she married a pharma rep. At some point she and her staff decided not to help with my meds and I was cut off cold turkey, which we all know can be incredibly dangerous. I started withdrawals, developed a vicious tic on my face, which could have become permanent. I was lucky enough to get an appointment with another psych quickly and she was very alarmed by my state and quickly got me straightened out. I wrote a letter to the AMA about McKinneys behavior, expecting nothing but wanting it in her file, which is what happened. I strongly recommend that you do the same if you have had problems with this doctor cutting you off meds cold turkey or engaging in other dangerous activities. Being cold, distant and seemingly uncaring, not to mention saying things like she doesn't know what else to try or she thinks you're overreacting may not be grounds for AMA action against her but frankly I would love to make her complaint file with them bulge. She is not in this business for the right reasons and this practice is simply a prescription factory which no doubt is skewed towards enriching her husband and thus her, again. I strongly recommend you find another doctor before you put you life and sanity in this woman's hands.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn:

flag | Submitted May 1, 2016

My daughter was switched to Leslie O'Neal. She advised us to take her off Cymbalta, but had us do it "cold turkey". Then she phoned in a prescription that we had never discussed. My daughter had terrible withdrawel symptoms; vomiting, diarrhea, mood swings, headaches, etc. I called the office to report this to Dr. McKinney and was told I had to talk to Leslie. She left one message and that was it. I was finally put in touch with a new Dr. and he told us that my daughter should never have been taken off her meds like that. He prescribed meds for her nausea and told us to put her back on 1/2 her dose of Cymbalta until we could see him. I used to see Meredith Baker and she was wonderful. It is dangerous that Leslie would do what she did to us. I assume we are not the only victims of her dangerous practices.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

I moved from out of state and was told that this was a great doctor. I saw her Nurse Practitioner Meredith Baker until she retired. Meredith was patient, caring, a good listener and extremely knowledgeable. From the reviews that I have read, she was probably a better provider than the doctor. After she left, I was told that I would have to see a new person - Leslie O'Neal. I have never seen the doctor but I trusted her last NP so I was open to the idea of being seen by another NP. Ms. O'Neal is possibly the most arrogant provider that I have ever seen. On my first visit, I waited for an hour and a half. I was her last patient of the day. She didn't listen, (every time I tried to speak she cut me off as if she was trying to rush me out of the office), she started a new medication and then stated she would see me in a few months. She then gave the secretary a high-five in front of me, who then made a comment about her being finished for the day. It was extremely rude. I had a significant reaction (heart rate in the 140-150's) to a new drug she initiated on my first visit with her. I attempted to report this to the office and Ms. O'Neal (and Dr. McKinney) never returned any of my multiple phone calls (to report the reaction and to ask if I should go back to taking what I was taking previously). I actually had to consult a psychiatrist outside of the practice and the area (a friend of a friend) who advised me to stop taking the drug of course. When I came back to the office a few months later, she asked me how the medication was going and I told her that I had stopped taking it because of the reaction. She actually raised her voice at me and demanded if I had notified her office. I am a well educated person with several degrees including an advanced professional degree and do not appreciate being spoken to like a five year old. I have seen her two other times. Each time I have again waited about 45 minutes only for her to rush me through. Each time she makes major changes to my medications without even knowing me, (because I don't get a chance to talk very much). On my last visit, she was wearing tight jeans and fuzzy knee high slipper boots. I finally tried to reach Dr. Mckinney because I was very concerned about all of the major changes being made. When I say major changes I mean that Ms. O'Neal was changing medications that I had been taking for years and had been relatively stable on. I received zero support. I would never refer a patient here. In fact if you look at the reviews here, people are either extremely satisfied or extremely unsatisfied. There are very few in betweens. I am guessing from my experience that as long as you don't mind waiting an eternity in the waiting room, don't expect to be able to actually tell your doctor or NP how you are feeling, and don't object to constant changes to your medications, (like you are some kind of laboratory rat), then you probably like this provider and her staff. Fortunately -- most people are NOT okay with being treated that way. Who knows if people other than me read these reports? I can tell you that I am looking for another provider. I would rather have my medications managed by my PCP if nothing else because I think that he is more knowledgeable and a better listener. Sad...

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

Constantly runs behind, rushes patients through, cold and distant.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2015

Left the appointment with more stress than I came in with.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

I have found that Dr. McKinney's practice is comfortable, pleasant, and provides a calm environment if you have to wait. Normally, I wait 10-15 minutes for my appointment. Dr. McKinney is patient, reassuring, listens and asks pertinent questions. She has helped me substantially on more than one occasion and in general, keeps me on the right path. I couldn't be more pleased with the entire experience.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

$50 was copay. Was misdiagnosed by Dr. McKinney and placed on medication that actually EXASPERATED my actual condition. She based her decision on input from a non-medical counselor. Almost 2 years later, a different doctor I switched to diagnosed me properly and medication was switched and I am MUCH BETTER now.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

This practice scares me. You never see the MD, just a Nurse. It seems to me that a nurse cannot have the knowledge anywhere close to a MD. It seems like they are in it for the money only. I did not find the practice friendly, and I felt like a number to them. I definitely would NOT recommend this practice to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2013

Dr. McKinney may seem a little distant to begin with, but as I have gotten to know her, I find her to be a caring,intelligent psychiatrist who understands my needs.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2012