Ratings for Dr. Assaf Gordon

I always feel well taken care of it National Spine and Pain. No matter who I see, I always feel listened to. I am advised of all the latest treatments and which ones would work best for me. National Spine and Pain has made a huge difference in my life and I thank heavens I found you.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

This is the third office of NS&P that I have visited over the last 5 years. You are by far the best of the bunch. High marks all round. Everyone made me feel as though I mattered. I was not treated as just one more filled time-slot. It is my disticnt pleasure to have found you.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

I'm going to begin by saying that I strongly disagree with the vast majority of the other users of this site who are patients of his, but if you would just please hear me out I have really good reasons for my rating. Today was only my second appointment with Dr. Gordon and I needed to see a pain specialist because my regular doctor's office decided they would no longer write for any controlled substances. So I saw Dr. Gordon after having been on a total of 280 milligrams of Oxycontin per day, which I realize is a high dose. Dr. Gordon told me he didn't feel comfortable prescribing that much and that if I wanted to be his patient he recommended I go down slowly, about 10 percent per month until I was off completely. As scary as this sounded, I thought about it and agreed. So at my appointment today I told him that I was ready but to my utter disbelief he suggested that I go to an inpatient rehab facility because he wasn't comfortable treating me all of the sudden. I reminded him of our conversation a few weeks earlier and he said he said he said he remembered so I said, "Why would I go somewhere uncomfortable, where I would go through withdrawl when we could just do it the way you suggested?" So he reluctantly wrote out my prescription but now here's the thing, for me at least, all trust is lost now. As far as I'm concerned he went back on his and he also knew how desperate my situation was, that I barely had enough enough medication to get me through another 24 hours! There shouldn't be any kind of relationship between tween two people without trust, and he violated mine today. So I'm supposed to see him again in a week and a half, but between now and then I will be masking appointments with other pain specialists and hopefully I will find one I can I can TRUST!!!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

Grateful for the care I receive. Had been in so much pain for years. Procedures and treatment let me return to old self. Really like the procedures you have in place to prevent dr shopping.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

This physician really listened to me and seemed to understand everything I expressed to him.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2015

This was my first visit, and I was very impressed with the professionalism and friendliness of every staff member.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

I was very pleased with the experience. Dr. Gordon is very attentive and really seemed to grasp my problem. He explained things very well and made me feel that I was in good hands. The clinical staff doing the prep work for the epidural and wrap up was very friendly and competent. My apprehensions about this visit were quickly replaced with a feeling of relief and ease. A very comforting experience. Dr. Gordon is tops.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

The staff and Doctors are very good at what they do and take the time to explain the in's and out ' s about your health issues. I definitely would recommend this office to anyone I know who may need a spine and pain specialist

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

Dr. Gordon and his assistant April are THE Best....Professional, Helpful, Attentive and do all that is possible to provide relief from pain. I would highly recommend Dr. Gordon to anyone seeking pain relief or a referral for surgery.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Dr. Gordon is excellent - He is a very positive doctor who seems to enjoy his profession and appears to enjoy in general -- what a breath of fresh air!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

Dr. Assaf Gordon's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)