Ratings for Dr. John W. Pierce

My husband came to see Dr. Pierce with fingers that were purple, swollen, cold & very painful. Because he was honest and admitted that he'd been on an alcoholic binge that weekend (he's now been sober for over 5 years), Pierce didn't bother to run any tests or give it any thought and said he'd probably just slammed his hand in a door or something. The pain escalated over the next few days, but when my husband tried to make another appointment, he was put off for another week, and then he was referred to another doctor a week later. When he finally went to see a specialist, he was told he had a blood clot in his arm that had cut off circulation to his hand, but that gangrene had developed and it was too late. Three of his fingers had to be cut off! This horrible tragedy was all due to Dr. Pierce not taking the time to do his job and give every patient the care and attention they deserve.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2009

Due to a change in my insurance I am no longer to able to see Dr. Pierce anymore. He was a wonderful doctor compared to what I have now.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2008

It's been years since I saw Dr. Pierce due to my insurance changing but I have to say he was one of my best doctors I've ever had!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2008

He's the best. He never quit searching for the cause of my stomach problems while others said it was all in my head. He also battled worker's comp incompetence and got me to the correct specialists for my gnarled back. No ego problem and committed to serving the poor as well as the insured. Great guy, great doctor. great staff.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2007

Dr. John W. Pierce's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)