Ratings for Dr. Thomas J. MARQUARDT

Unfortunately, my previous rating for Dr. Marquardt needs to be changed (from 5 stars to some 1 stars), due to his office manager (his wife) interfering with Dr. Marquardt's work, regarding my most recent flawed prescription for a new pair of glasses. Dr. Marquardt's wife did not like my telephoning the actual optical lab that made a pair of glasses for me. Being a retired nurse, I like to have a personal relationship with who makes my glasses for me, but apparently that was a "no no", in Mrs. Marquardt's opinion. I am now looking for a new optometrist. A couple of flaws in my latest pair of glasses, resulted from a prescription mistake by Dr. Marquardt, and also, from a mistake (mis-interpretation of directions written by Dr. Marquardt) by his Denver eyeglasses lab, Pasch Optical lab, too. For those who (like me), want or need GLASS lenses in their eyeglasses, you need to know that Pasch Optical lab(Denver) does NOT make GLASS eyeglass lenses. Pasch Optical (Englewood, CO) outsources such prescriptions to a lab in Iowa (Midwest Labs), who makes the glass lenses, and Midwest Labs puts the glass lenses into "frames" that Pasch Optical sends to the Iowa lab. I regret that after over 30 years of going to Dr. Marquardt, and having liked him a lot, I am forced to say goodbye, and look for a new optometrist who has a more sympathetic office manager.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

I've gone to Dr. Marquardt, as my optometrist, for over 30 years. I think he's the greatest! He LISTENS, and the glasses he makes for me are the best. I even insist on glass (not plastic), and he goes the extra mile to make that happen! Dr. Marquardt is a nice man, has a great sense of humor, and really cares about his patients! He's intelligent, and knows what he's doing. He even lets me use older glasses frames over again (no guarantees that they will not break), since my older frames are bigger than the tiny glasses of nowadays. I hope he lives long and prospers (shades of Star Trek), so I can benefit from his excellent work for many more years! If he's not "on time", it's because he's giving his attention to the previous patients--and then I get the same consideration.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013