Ratings for Dr. Lauren N. Nguyen

Avoid Lauren Nguyen at all cost. There are great doctors at Children's Medical, but she is not one of them. Very rude and never acknowledged my child during any visit. She has no rapport with the kids. No bedside manners. Will keep you waiting for 1 hour only to rush in and hurry you out in less than 2 minutes. She also does not keep track of recalls on children's medication. She recommended Hyland's teething tablets, when there were numerous recalls of the product. She also medicates without actually running any tests. She will talk about UCLA outside the patients rooms longer than she'll stay in talking to parents about their concerns. Avoid at all cost.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

Avoid ever making an appointment with Dr. Lauren Nguyen because she doesn’t have the social skills a parent would expect from a pediatrician. She lacks a pleasant disposition, tact, and common sense and prefers to hear herself speak rather than listen, is aggressive, and self-righteous.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

Shes rude as can be... only polite to certain kinds of people...she even treats your baby like an object... how wrong....

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

Dr. Lauren has been taking care of our twin daughters for 4 years now. She is kind, very thoughtful, and will leave no stone unturned in regards to care. She has called back while she was on vacation, and maintains excellent report with our girls. She really is wonderful we feel very blessed.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

Dr. Lauren is amazing. I cannot recommend her enough. She has called us on her days off, visited our family in the hospital on her days off, explained complex medical situations in plain English, pushed through both health care and hospital bureaucracy, is frank when appropriate but most of all she cares. I consider our kids lucky to have her as their doctor. We have two boys (both 2 or under), one of which requires a great deal of care. The front desk staff have always been polite and professional. When I have an urgent issue I have been able to get in that same day (we were booked for a nurse but Dr. Lauren still came in to see us). You would be hard pressed to find better nurses with regards to giving screaming boys their shots.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

Dr. Lauren is an amazing, caring, and passionate doctor. She has been caring for my three boys since my oldest was born almost 8 years ago. She has fought our insurance provider to get needed therapies for speech therapy (for autism), she's visited my sons in the hospital on her off days, and she calls to check on my boys after they've received therapies (from another specialist). Dr. Nguyen cares and for new moms looking for a pediatrician, I ALWAYS recommend her. She's like a big sister and a mama bear looking out for you and your kids. That's why our family has been with her for so long. Also, when we visit the office, it's a loud circus + hurricane with my three boys (8, 5, 3) and she wrangles them beautifully (as well as Melee, who weighs and measures the patients). My sons call her "Auntie Lauren" because she's so sweet to them (and we've been seeing her forever). She's the best in the South Bay if you want personalized attention and an advocate to help you fight for services.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2014

Dr. Lauren Nguyen of the Childrens Medical Group is second to none. Efficient, dedicated, detail-oriented professional who provides personalized service and has a comprehensive network of specialist referrals at her fingertips. Our child has a rare congenital heart defect and Dr. Lauren has added terrific value to our medical care team, which is made up of doctors from several different practices, specialties and hospitals. She has gone above and beyond to provide much needed support and care for our daughter. The Group is made up of dynamic and committed doctors, nurses and office staff and they provide extended weekday and Saturday hours for working parents. I would look no further in trying to find a pediatric group for your child. Childrens Medical Group is the best in the South Bay.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2014

Dr. Lauren was not a good match for my family. She came off very rude. She did not listen well to my concerns and cut me off to push her opinion. Caring for a child should be a team effort between the doctor and the parents, but I felt as if she had her own agenda. I felt very rushed with her and she did not come off very genuine. Her staff were not pleasant, did not greet you with a smile or made you feel welcomed. But in terms of taking vitals and administering shots, some were efficient.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

Dr. Nguyen is great and has been a wonderful doctor for my daughter.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2012

Dr. Lauren means well and I am sure is a nice woman all in all, but as for care for my son, she is horrible! She is rather rude and treats you like your an idiot and is always in a rush. Quick to diagnose the worst and I feel she just sees kids as patients and not people. I cried my eyes out with a diagnoses she presumed and she had no sympathy, that is not a good doctor to me.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2011