Ratings for Dr. Lauren Bisk

Dr Bisk knows what she is doing. She honed in on some of my deepest issues/fears and helped me face them in a controlled and comfortable setting. She is very professional but can connect on a personal level.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

Outstanding therapist and very knowledgeable and kind.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

Extremely compassionate and insightful, she has a breath of knowledge and that helps in dealing with a array of issues. She is very perceptive and supportive.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

She definitely likes to cut you off to talk about her personal life and accomplishments for almost half of our sessions. Sorry, but this is supposed to be MY time to attempt to get to the root of my issues. After 4 months of seeing her once a week, she spent an entire session and a half ranting about how she hasn't gotten paid by the insurance company and taxes and fees, etc., threatening to go out-of-network. Speaking with my insurance company, they assured me that they have paid her for every single session thus far. Having anxiety and depression, trying to make me feel bad for something that isnt my fault is very unprofessional and uncalled for. That being said, she has helped me become more acutely aware of my worth, but I still feel like I'm being judged a little bit and have difficulty opening up as a result. She tends to go off topic a lot as well, and very rarely is there chance for a continued conversation.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

I had never seen a therapist before (I am in my mid-40s), and was a little nervous about my first appointment, and whether I'd have to "interview" several psychologists before finding a good fit. But by the end of my first session with Dr. Bisk, I knew she was the right choice for me. She is compassionate and patient, and has made me feel very comfortable talking about some complex and difficult issues. She asks thoughtful and often challenging questions, and I always leave a session with things to think about.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

Dr. Bisk has been extremely helpful in many aspects of my life and has taught me the importance of attitude in life. I've learned to control what is controllable and not let other's problems weigh so much on my own mental health. I'm not sure if I would be this happy have I never met with Lauren. She is gentle, caring and very professional. I would highly recommend Dr. Bisk to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

For somebody who is supposed to help me with my depression and anxiety, it was extremely unprofessional to leave a message in a tone that came off as blaming and attacking me for payment problems via insurance. I was more than happy to give her the money since it is hers. When I spoke to her again, she brought the insurance company issue again and threatened to stop working with my insurance company. When I said that it's not my issue, she replied with a quick, "okay whatever". She even had the nerve to ask if I could drop off cash in person when I already told her that I had mailed out the check to her. I should have listened to the reviews about her and money. During sessions, she always seems to cut me off and go off about her own sob stories or accomplishments and take up precious time. A 45 minute session is not very long and at least 10-15 minutes of that is spent listening to her. Sorry but I'm paying for this to be my time, not yours. Having said, I feel like I did become more aware of my issues with sessions with Dr. Bisk. However, when it comes to money she becomes incredibly aggressive and this situation left a very bad taste in my mouth. She could have handled this in a much more professional and calm manner but chose to be the opposite. I would not recommend purely because of this.

Submitted September 1, 2015

Dr. Bisk has helped me work through many crises since our first conversation, which was at least 10 years ago. I find her line of questioning direct, but gentle, and her comments insightful in helping me come to my own realizations on how to deal with my problems.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

I have been in therapy for the vast majority of my adult life, and I started seeing Dr. Bisk not long after moving to New York. Our work over the last three years has seen me through long standing family issues, work woes, my engagement, and the first two years of marriage. My quality of life has been immeasurably improved by seeing her in our weekly sessions. I recommend her without reservation. She is an excellent therapist, who really cares about her patients and her life's work.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

I have found Dr. Bisk to be an extremely helpful therapist in my life for treating anxiety, and helping me work through relationship, work and family issues. I would absolutely recommend her to someone who has the time to visit consistently and the patience to see results. It takes time to find the right chemistry with a therapist, but what I love about Dr. Bisk is she truly took the time to get to know my family history and life experiences, and has been able to link experiences to why I am the way I am today. She's made herself available during emergencies, and helped me work through so many difficult situations. I also appreciate that she is not just a "quiet friend" who listens and doesn't give advice...why would you want to pay for that? Rather she gives actionable tools and advice to work through situations that are relevant. She does tell stories about her past, but only to relate them to experiences you are going through today. I wish she had an easier online appointment booking system / service versus phone-calls and voicemails, but that's something I'm willing to deal with given how strong her services are.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014