You may also like

Rate Dr. John J. Orris

Dr. John J. Orris's Ratings

I have to say that I could not disagree more with the comment below. My experience with Dr. Orris was nothing short of awful and condescending. The staff, nurses, US techs were great, I don't want to discredit them at all! My following comments are not based on Dr. Orris as a person, but on how our appointment went and how he treated me.
My husband and I were thinking of trying to start to conceive, but I have had many issues with my reproductive system and menstrual cycle, so I sought out MLF and Dr. Orris. When he brought me back, he looked at his desk and not once made eye contact with me. He never asked me ANY questions regarding my problems or concerns, or how long we had been trying, nothing of that sort, which initially threw me off but I didn't think too much about it. He then began rambling off his course of action without even asking me how I wanted to proceed with the option he gave me, as if it wasn't even my body to make the decision. He then presumed to say (I am a thinner than usual female by nature) that my FAMILY was overweight and out of shape which would cause me to be having the problems I was having--he followed up by saying he is 90% right every time! (This could not be further from the truth by the way) I was appalled. He then went on to say that we would HAVE to do genetic testing, which I believe should be the decision my husband and I make together, not something decided by a doctor. He stated, word for word, that "we would do genetic testing to rule out any white folk disease." He had no idea if my husband was of a different race or ethnic background, and I found that comment in an already sensitive situation was completely unprofessional. I asked him to clarify what he meant by that statement, he LAUGHED and then explained the genes that ehite people carry could cause genetic disorders in babies. I asked if it was necessary, and he followed up by saying, and I quote, "if you were to get pregnant and give birth to a child that has cystic fibrosis and they were to die at the age of 4, because that is what usually happens, this could all have been taken care of in advance." I was IRATE. How DARE he assume that my husband and I would even THINK of aborting a baby with the difficulties we were already having! I couldn't believe my ears and have never felt so "pushed aside" in my life by a doctor. I told him I did not want to be back on birth control--he said there was no other option. I just felt so unheard. I was simply just another number for him to make money off of. If I were him, I'd cater to my patients a little better since we pay him the thousands of dollars we do. Maybe I caught him on a bad day, but either way, his behavior was completely uncalled for and he was so unprofessional. Would not recommend him to anyone I know or care for. Maybe he should have been a proctologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2895499].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2015

DR Orris & his staff are excellent, they are compassionate and caring everyone is very friendly. they make you feel comfortable for all procedures and test you have and give you hope. I seen dr orris for almost 3 yrs and he is very patient & caring with his patients. I am 12 weeks pregnant and everything is going great thanks to DFr Orris & his staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2890798].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2015

I agree with and would like to echo all the sentiments on this page. Not being able to get pregnant on your own is frustrating, challenging, and disappointing. Each and every person on that team makes you feel like anything is possible and they will do anything they can to help you. I have a 2 1/2 year old amazing little girl and I am 10 weeks pregnant with TWINS....both who were conceived with help from Dr. Orris and his team. I found it bittersweet to leave their office today because I felt like I was leaving my family. I truly cannot express my gratitude to each and every person who works there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2755669].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

Dr. Orris and the entire staff at Main Line Fertility are respectful, helpful and understanding. Dr. Orris did a great job walking my husband and I through the process and answering questions directly and thoroughly. Going through fertility treatment is difficult on so many levels, and Dr. Orris's confidence was so reassuring. We now have a happy, healthy little boy who lights up our lives, and I could not be more grateful to the Main Line Fertility team!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2744143].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2015

I have had a great experience working with Dr. Orris. His knowledge, patience and expertise have been so appreciated. I just started going to Main Line Fertility a couple of months ago, and have been very happy with everything!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2698655].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2015

I can't say enough about Dr. Orris and the entire Main Line Fertility Practice in the West Chester Office. From Nicole at the front desk to nurse Heather or the ultrasound techs, really everyone I came in contact with was so nice, understanding, and they make you feel completely relaxed while you are there. Dr. Orris is just wonderful, great bedside manner, always smiling and positive and so knowledgeable about everything that I just felt at ease there. He is very honest and straightforward which I love and the office is just so accommodating to your needs. He helped my husband and I after two miscarriages stay pregnant with our third pregnancy and I just graduated to my routine OB/GYN. Throughout the whole process I was able to call anytime even the on call times when I has a question or something was going on and the one time I saw Dr. Brassile , she was just as wonderful even though I wasn't her regular patient. I just can't say enough nice things about this practice and when we go to try for a second baby, I will be right back in his chair with him guiding us through this process.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2694959].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2015

I can't say enough about Dr. orris and his staff at Main Line Fertilty. my husband and I started going there is July 2014. We did 3 rounds of clomid that failed. We were then going to move onto injectibles but I was a little hesitant. He put me on Letrozole for two rounds and the last one worked. I am 9 weeks today and due in August with our little miracle. After 2 years of trying we can't be happier about the choice we made in a doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2692047].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2015

After months of struggling to become pregnant, we met with Dr. Orris at Main Line Fertility. His staff was absolutely the best. They were friendly, caring and compassionate. No questions was treated insignificant and they always listened. Dr. Orris was friendly, comforting and very easy to talk and discuss our options with. We are expecting our little miracle thanks to Dr. John Orris and we couldn't be more grateful for this service! Thank you thank you thank you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2564048].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2014

Dr. Orris was absolutely amazing to work with. He and his staff were all so friendly, caring and I never felt rushed. Unlike many doctors, Dr. Orris always made time to talk and listen to any questions or concerns we may have had. He has wonderful bedside manner and is very easy to talk with. We are expecting our little miracle in the spring and couldn't be happier!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2563137].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

Wonderful doctor. I have a son. Couldn't ask for anything more.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2543029].votes_count ]]