Ratings for Dr. John J. Orris

We had a wonderful experience with Dr. Orris. He is the best doctor in his specialty. Me and my husband were trying for over an year and he got us pregnant the very first month of seeing him.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

We had a great experience with Main Line Fertility. We are thrilled to be expecting our first child with their help!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Dr. Orris is an amazing doctor. He was God sent to help my husband and me through our fertility journey. He treated the underlying cause to get my body ready and I got pregnant via IVF and then a second pregnancy via frozen transfer. I love the professional service that I received every time from Dr. Orris and his staff. I highly recommend Dr. Orris and Main Line Fertility. Love this doctor!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Dr. Orris and his staff are amazing! Every person I dealt with in this office made the experience so much easier to handle (as easy as it can be). I loved the positive, friendly personalities of all of the nurses who cared for me during my time at MLF. I was a patient here for a year, starting off with Letrozole and then moving on to injectables, IUI, and finally IVF as the last step, which turned out to be a success! I had such a great experience with the IVF team as well as the other nurses. Everyone was willing to answer any and all of my questions that arose. Very easy to make appointments and the staff was always timely in returning messages left after hours.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

Dr. Orris went above and beyond to make my husband and I comfortable through our fertility journey. He is extremely knowledgeable, and always works in the very best interest of his patients. Dr. Orris and his team are the VERY best. After the many months of trying, my husband and I finally completed IVF. He called me the morning of the transfer just to make sure I was in a positive mindset. I am now 10 weeks pregnant. Although I am extremely happy to have "graduated" from MLF, I am sad I will no longer see "the dream team" each week. Each nurse, receptionist, and doctor made my husband and I feel so loved and cared for; we had such a wonderful experience.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

Dr. Orris and his staff are top notch! Dr. Orris is very personable. He listens to your questions and provides honest and detailed answers. He is helpful in explaining all your options and will give his honest opinion. Dr. Orris and his team will also be your best cheerleaders when you are having doubts. I was beyond thrilled to have a successful IVF treatment and am now 11 weeks pregnant. However, I am sad that I will no longer see Dr. Orris and the nurses now that I have 'graduated' to an OB. There were hugs and promises to send pics of the baby on the day of my last visit.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

I can't say enough great things about Dr. Orris and the staff at Main Line Fertility! Dr. Orris is very up-front and honest with his suggestions and options. He is very knowledgeable and patient - answering every question we had along the way through IVF. He is exceptionally personable which is great when going through this trying process. The staff was super as well...friendly, helpful, returned calls quickly. They are great!! I'm happy to say we 'graduated' and are moving on to my regular OB now that I am 10 weeks pregnant!!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

We first saw Dr. Orris nearly four years ago when we began the process of conceiving our first child. No other doctors could explain why we weren't getting pregnant, and Dr. Orris and his staff identified a septum in my uterus within seconds of starting the ultrasound. After Dr. Orris removed my septum and fixed another birth defect found in my cervix, we decided to try to conceive naturally with monthly monitoring. Dr. Orris didn't push me into any procedures, but did remind me that the success rates for IVF in my situation were remarkably high. When we were still unsuccessful and nothing seemed to be "wrong" with my husband or me, Dr. Orris suggested we enroll in an egg freezing study that would pay for a large portion of IVF. Although I was hesitant about going through the grueling process of IVF, Dr. Orris assured us that we were excellent candidates and would easily get pregnant. He was right. I got pregnant on our first round of IVF with a girl, and we were able to freeze two embryos for later. We returned to Dr. Orris this past summer for a frozen embryo transfer to conceive a second child. The process was incredibly easy and much less stressful than full blown IVF. But as with our fresh cycle, Dr. Orris had no doubt that I would get pregnant. And sure enough, I'm now 19 weeks pregnant with a boy. I've found Dr. Orris to be very personable, even on days when the office is busy or he is just having an off day. I'm always one to speak up and ask questions, and he never ignored my questions or brushed them off as silly. It's a busy practice with lots of patients, so of course he does his best to be respectful of every patient's time. But I've found that when I've needed some extra explanation or reassurance, Dr. Orris has delivered. Although we will not be returning for a third child, we will forever refer any couple struggling with infertility to Dr. Orris and his staff. Main Line Fertility has the perfect combination of expertise and personable, sensitive patient relations--don't hesitate to meet with Dr. Orris ASAP.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

My experience with Dr. Orris was nothing but wonderful (considering the circumstances). From my very first appointment, I felt that I was in great hands with him and his team of nurses. Although Dr. Orris can at times seem strictly business and emotionally unattached to a situation, I think this is what makes him such a great doctor. We did 4 cycles of Clomid/Femara with no luck getting pregnant. We decided to take a break for the summer to regroup and to enjoy the summer. Dr. Orris and his staff were very understanding of our decision and said to call back when we were ready. When we picked back up with treatments in mid-September, we got right down do it (Clomid + dexamethasone + a trigger shot), and 2 weeks later, on the day after my 30th birthday, Dr. Orris performed an IUI. I am now 10 weeks along with what we hope and pray is our rainbow baby. When I "graduated" from MLF, Dr. Orris gave me a huge hug and wished me well with a big smile on his face. I cannot thank him enough for everything he did for us and for being patient with our situation when other doctors in that practice were ready to put me right on injectables. I didn't want to do that, and Dr. Orris respected that and helped us figure out exactly what would work for us. He never expected us to do anything we didn't want to do and I thank him for that (financially and emotionally). I was sad to leave MLF (especially because now I have to wait so long to get another ultrasound!!), but at the same time, I am so happy to be on the "regular pregnant woman" track. I would (and have) recommend Dr. Orris and the whole team at MLF to anyone I know struggling to get pregnant. I know several women who have babies thanks to these doctors. I am so grateful to be one of them come June 2016.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2015

Dr. Orris and his team of were great. It was such an emotional rollercoaster and I myself felt that I was a failure, but Dr. Orris and his staff were very supportive of me emotionally and physically I can never repay them for that. I felt very comfortable with the staff of angels that helped me throughout the process and we successfully got pregnant via IUI. It was something that I never thought of and it was our best option. I truly believe that Main Line Fertility are excellent in all they do and I wish I could go back and hug each and every one of them and thank them for all that they have done.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

Dr. John J. Orris's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan