Ratings for Dr. Leroy Rise

This review is long overdue but I just had a follow up visit with Dr. Rise, and it prompted me to remember to write the review. No one likes to be in the hospital, especially due to a serious unexpected orthopedic injury that needs surgery. However, I was lucky enough to have Dr. Rise on call and take care of me. He is knowledgeable, thorough, and made me feel at ease with the procedure I was about to undergo. He also has some of the best bedside manner, I have ever seen from a surgeon. He explains medical terms in a way you can comprehend and understand what is happening, especially when you come in an EMS and it’s a fast paced environment and being rushed to surgery. His nurse practitioner Alissa is excellent. I wish all surgeons could duplicate and have one of her. I actually never knew what a nurse practitioner was until I met this one that worked with Dr. Rise. I was amazingly surprised at the confidence, professionalism, and high level of care she provided. If you’re unlucky enough to come across Dr. Rise being in an accident, know that you’re in good hands.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

I am a serious competitive triathlon athlete, and suffered a terrible injury that will set me back approximately a year in training. I was fortunate enough to make it, into the good hands of Dr. Rise and his assistant Alyssa. I was crushed when I learned I would need surgery and the long term recovery process. Dr. Rise was an excellent surgeon and reassured me this was a setback, but eventually I would be able to train again. His right hand assistant Alyssa is wonderful. I cannot say enough good things about her. He really found the best assistant, considering you see her the most during your recovery time in the hospital. They are a lively pair, that work well together, and make what is not a good time to be in the hospital actually entertaining and somewhat humorous. Thank you Dr. Rise for your excellent hands in surgery and your knowledge and expertise.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

Horrible human being nasty cocky arrogant. Never use him

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

Dr. Rise was able to repair my mother's hip fracture with a partial hip replacement. He is professional, knowledgable, and has excellent bedside manner. We also appreciated his physician assistant Alisabeth Hearron. She is amazing, and took wonderful care of my mother. Dr. Rise and Alisabeth are the perfect ortho trauma team, we really lucked out getting the two of them.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

I had a car accident and was seen in the ER at St Vincent's hospital 6/28/15 I sustained a Humerus Fracture and a Patellar Fracture. Dr. Rise, the trauma surgeon on duty made two suggestions regarding my injuries. Replace the Patellar or knee cap and proceed with an open reduction procedure on the Humerus fracture or upper arm fracture. Dr. Rise was exceptionally patient in trying to educate me on the choices in proceeding with surgery or not. Upon my request he contacted my other doctors to consult before proceeding. He has no ego and is a true professional with regard to addressing my questions and concerns, rare I must say. Both my surgeries were a complete success (a testament to Dr. Rise’s excellent surgical procedure and skill) and I continue to progress and excel in my Physical Therapy far surpassing my expectations, and I believe his. I feel very fortunate and grateful that he was the orthopedic trauma surgeon that night.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

I hit a large rock while skiing. I broke 9 ribs and shattered my shoulder into 6 pieces. Most doctors would have put in a replacement shoulder, been in and out in and hour and a half, and went home to have dinner with their family. -- Not Dr Rise! He spent 7 hours repairing MY shoulder; putting in two plates and a dozen screws, and a bone harvest from my hip. He knew I was a professional pilot, and he worked VERY hard to get me back to normal. I recieved my FAA medical exactly 6 months after my accident. I'm The most blessed man in the world by landing in Dr. Rises' care. - a gifted surgeon and very good man!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2014

I felt very comfortable with Dr. Rise. He explained on the x-rays what had happened to my wrist which I broke during the Christmas Holidays and his intention to do surgery and insert a plate with some screws. Two weeks after my fall on icy road I had surgery. Not only that he explained again the procedure in the hospital. I was most impressed about his body language: instead of standing and looking down at me he bent his knees to be at the same level as I and talked in a very reassuring way. Thank you, Dr. Rise. Age 77 and not yet three months after surgery my wrist is almost back to normal function (I recommend doing your exercises!).

flag | Submitted March 16, 2014

Dr. Rise treated me for a broken femur on 4/27/13 after crashing my mountain bike on jumps. He was very informative, polite, confident, skilled, and professional. All the outcomes of the surgery and possible complications were explained clearly. I am at 6 months of recovery now and doing great. I am extremely lucky to have received the medical care from Dr. Rise and Christus St. Vincent hospital in Santa Fe. 40 years ago I would have probably been in a wheel chair for the rest of my life and now I have returned to all of the sports I love to do. On my way to being stronger than I ever was.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2013

After dislocating my shoulder, Dr. Rise did an excellent job of handling my care. I would definitely recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

Dr. Rise performed surgery on my broken elbow. It was a bad break that required lots of hardware. He warned me that I might not have full mobility. However almost five months later my arm is in great shape. Dr. Rise is a gifted surgeon and his staff is helpful, warm, and knowledgeable. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2013

Dr. Leroy Rise's Credentials

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 2004)

MSP/BC Med