Ratings for Dr. John B. Draper

I scheduled an appointment for an annual checkup this last May, an appointment that had to be scheduled out about four months. My insurance pays 100% on what is billed as a preventative visit. As part of the appointment he asked if I had anything going on that I would like to bring up, which I did mention two minor issues. A few weeks later I received a bill for thirty dollars which I had no idea what the bill was for. In calling the office billing department, it was explained that it was a copay for an added level 3 office visit, established patient and told me that it was for a second significant additional service because I mentioned these two issues, a shoulder strain and some osteoarthritis in my hand. All I received was some brief consultation on these issues, no prescription, treatment or therapy was prescribed. I ask the billing person, “During an annual checkup, if the doctor asks if you have any issue you would like to discuss with the doctor, I should answer no, unless I want to be charged a second charge for this discussion.” Her answer was “yes”. In my opinion, I feel that this is unethical to ask questions which generate hidden charges. Especially on issues that should be part of a preventative annual checkup. Dr. Draper has lost a patient.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Holding a report from a cardiologist in his hand, Dr. Draper told me that the cardiologist said my chest x-rays "looked like an 80 year-old man with cardiomyopathy" (I was 48). Dr. Draper then looked me in the eye and said, "Naahhh. You don't have cardiomyopathy" and sent me on my way. Later that I week I checked myself into Parker Adventist Hospital where an echo cardiogram was performed. My heart function was 10%.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

Been seeing Dr. Draper for a long time. He is a good Dr. Very Busy and in and out of the office with in 5 mins and you are left feeling like all your questions are not answered. So if you are going in for the flu or a cold I would recommend Dr. Draper. Anything else I would recommend another Dr. Unfournatly Dr.Draper see's way to many patient's. 5-10 years ago I would be all smileys. Now not so much.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2012

Great doctor, well rounded. Smart, caring,etc. Takes the time to diagnose properly.Good advice.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2010

Great doctor! Have been going for 12 years and have always had wonderful service. Always very professional and thorough.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I've been going to him for years and he is the best.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2008

Dr. John B. Draper's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Columbia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

MSP/BC Med