Dr. Sanford A. Carimi

Outstanding Staff Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Sanford A. Carimi

Carimi can run late occasionally because of a full practice (pretty popular fellow). It's hard to complain about a bit of a wait when YOU are the patient he is hearing out. At the end of the day, as the last patient, for a 15-minute appointment, I've had him sit listening for well over an hour to a history that may or may not have led, so far as he knew, to a greater depth of understanding of my chronic issues. He asks and asks and asks questions. If I have felt that I needed more time, and patients were lined up behind me, he would see to it that I got another appointment soon -- HIMSELF. He's "yelled" at me about steps I have agreed to take -- and not taken -- more than once, but his demeanor suggests deep affection for the patient. Certainly he doesn't often have time to clown around, but he's in fact very, very funny. PRIMARY REASON for a follow-up with him, after he left my medical group and I switched to a doc I also really love: I wanted a scientific view of my condition. The man has done a ton of bench work, and keeps up somehow with numerous reputable journals. There's no corporeal system he doesn't know very, very well. And he doesn't mind doing further research if you bring a question from a study you may have read. Even if it seems a little "out there." Seems always to have just comprehensively reviewed a patient's chart, even with years between visits. All of that said about his expertise, I'd have lunch with the guy monthly if it were the least appropriate. If I am having trouble following, IT IS INCUMBENT UPON ME to politely slow him down or ask for clarification. Ditto if I need more time from him. Maybe it's today's visit, maybe I come back another time. Brilliant, yes; mind-reader, no. As with any doc, you gotta tell him what you need. And if you disagree, don't think you can do something he asks, or want to try something other than he suggests (rare for me, but it's happened, as with other docs), he's a lot less prone to blowing you off or putting on the "daddy knows best" thing that you occasionally find in this field. Couldn't be happier with him.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

he has helped me with different health issues that I have. Is keeping a very watchful eye on other issues that have come up

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

He never explained anything in detail, at all, on an ultrasound, I had done. Went to a family practitioner who explained it all to me! He also put me on such a high IU dose of vitamin D, I had heart palpitations! The guy is full of himself and needs to come down from his podium and grow up. I would NEVER go to Dr. Carimi again.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012

CARIMI ROCKS!!! MERCY WILL NOT BE THE SAME WITHOUT HIM. HE TRULY WAS A BLESSING IN MY DIAGNOIS!!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2011

He is never on time,always rushing ,and sometimes can be very short with you,and just plain rude,not as thourgh as he used to be

flag | Submitted September 17, 2011

Dr,Carimi is one of the most intelligent,patient caring doccsHe cosistanly runs late due to his willingness to answer one last queston.His nurse is acessable and DOESreturn phone calls.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2010

this docotr is very good, but keeps ya waiting too long. he is very strict in what he does, that can be good and bad.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2008

EXCELLENT MD - VERY INTELLIGENT,CARING,SYMPATHETIC AND DOWN TO EARTH. DOESN'T SUGAR-COAT THINGS,HE TELLS IT LIKE IT IS.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2006

Very thorough and was looking out for my overall health.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2006

Dr. Sanford A. Carimi's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)