Ratings for Dr. Bruce A. Thayer

I had a very different experience. Dr. Thayer performed 2 surgeries for me (a hernia and gastric bypass). I found him very knowledgeable, helpful and, yes, caring. His sense of humor is dry and could be misunderstood but I found him to be very amusing and appreciated his "to the point" manner. I had problems with my insurance and his staff helped me work through them so that it minimized my costs.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012

He did a very poor job with my hernia operation. I would not recommend him at all. I am still in pain 10 years later.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2011

Fine until problems arise. Not interested in you as a human being. Only in it for the money. Loves successful patients. Hates patients with problems. If you lose your insurance, expect to be dumped without regard for your medical problems or even if you will live or die. Does NOT care about you at all. This man runs a factory. You are a product, not a person. I don't doubt his technical abilities, but he lacks compassion, kindness, even basic manners. I would strongly recommend avoiding him and going to a surgeon who actually cares how his patients fare. Any surgeon can make a mistake, but a good surgeon will fix his errors. THIS surgeon will deny that there is a problem, even if by so doing it will cause your death.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2006

Dr. Bruce A. Thayer's Credentials

• Tufts Univ Sch Of Med, Boston Ma 02111 (Grad. 1966)